NOTE: PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING. WE REALIZE IT MAY BE WRITTEN A LITTLE DIFFERENTLY THAN YOU ARE USED TO BUT IT IS NOT WITHOUT REASON. OUR WORSHIP PASTOR LEFT AT THE END OF MARCH AND WE POSTED A JOB LISTING HERE BEFORE. AFTER THE RESPONSE
WE DECIDED TO GO ON AN INTERIM BASIS WITH A COUPLE OF YOUNG MEN WHO WERE ALREADY A PART OF THE WORSHIP TEAM . AFTER THE RESPONSE FROM THE FIRST "TRY" WE DECIDED TO WRITE A MORE DETAILED VERSION OF WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR TO SAVE OUR TIME AND YOURS. PLEASE
UNDERSTAND THAT WE HAVE WRITTEN IT THIS WAY TO HELP YOU SEE WHAT YOU ARE APPLYING FOR AND TO NOT APPLY IF YOU DON'T MEET OR AGREE WITH THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS. WE BELIEVE IF INDIVIDUALS READ ALL OF THIS AND BELIEVE THEY WOULD BE A GOOD CANDIDATE THAT IT
WILL WEED OUT PEOPLE WHO ARE JUST SENDING OUT RESUMES TO WHATEVER COMES ALONG.
We are a non-denominational church that is affilitated with Harvest Bible Fellowship out of Elgin Illinois. We currently are running right at 300 at our weekend services and are looking at implementing two services very soon. Our congrgation is
very involved in our "worship times" and our small groups are one of our main focuses. We have right at 80% of our attendees signed up in our Community Groups
We are seeking an individual to fill the role of Worship Minister and oversee another area of ministry in the church. Ideally it woul entail coordinating our Community Groups. We are willing to look at other areas to combine based on the churchs' needs
and the individual's abilities and skill sets.
What we need in a candidate (Qualities you should possess):
(These qualities are things we look at after considering first and foremost what your walk with Jesus Christ looks like!)
- Great work ethic (get the job done...all in...motivated)
- Team oriented (not just concerned about your "area"...vested in the successof the church as a whole)
- Sense of Humor (you just have to be able to laugh... or ministry can kill you )
- Great work ethic (not a mistake to repeat it... it's just that important)
- Willing to do anything that is needed (don't care for manual labor? this job is not a good fit for you)
- Teachable (able to fit into our churchs' vision and submit to leadership)
- Competent (proficient and cabable in doing the job)
- Self-aware (you know your strengths and you know your weaknesses equally well)
- Hospitable (you enjoy having people in your life and spending time with them outside of the church setting)
- Loyalty (the church is a family... the staff is an even closer family... we guard that!!!)
What we are NOT looking for:
- someone to save our worship team (we have a clear direction, we have a great team, we're not in crisis mode)
- someone who sings every song with "back-up singers". (we have numerous talented vocalist and we prefer to use multiple people leading songs in a service not just a "guy on a guitar".
- someone who expects the congregation to worship expressively but who isn't a worshipper themselves (its not a concert... it's corportate ( including you) worship)
- someone who thinks being on staff is about having plenty of time to write their own songs, listen to the latest praise music and have long quiet times every morning.
- someone who is not proficient on at least one instrument and knowledgeable of all band instruments. (if you are a guitar player you will need to be able to play off stand for the most part)
- Someone who is vocally "pitchy" or can't sing a harmony part. (first and foremost the lyrics of a song are important in a corporate setting. that being said, how they sound is equally important. you will need to be able to sing parts and teach them
- Someone who thinks they are being brought on staff to change the direction of the church (you need to see if you can line up with us and go our direction not visa versa... not saying we think we're more right than anyone else... just saying we have a direction....
can you buy into it?)
- someone who doesn't understand the relationship between a Pastor and the worship leader (you're there to assist him and the leadership in the direction they believe God is leading them.)
- someone who saw this ad...never read this...and just sent in their resume (WE BELIEVE MINISTRY IS A CALLING FIRST AND FOREMOST AND WITHOUT THAT CALLING YOU WILL NEVER DO WELL AT THE JOB)
- Prefer someone with not only at least 5 years experience as a worship leader but also someone who has been on a church staff before.
- Will consider those with less experience in "on staff" situations if we feel their potential and their abilities make up for this lack of experience.
- Would prefer someone with biblical training but will consider others based on their life experience
- Should be proficient in at least one instrument and knowledgeable of all band instruments
- Should be competent administratively. (scheduling, recruiting, maintaining, communicating)
- Should be able to give godly, scriptural counsel and have a heart for discipleship
- Should be flexible and able to adapt quickly to an ever-changing environment
- Should posess leadership ability and be able to motivate and maintain volunteers
- Should be strong vocally both in leading and in teaching and mentoring others vocallyShould be accustomedj or acquainted with the scriptural teaching of submitting to leadership and authority
- should possess a positive attitude and a willingness to use what God has given them to help the church
- We have listed this opening as Worship Pastor but that will not be the title until we can confirm through your time with us that you have a Pastor's heart and gifting. At the begining it will be Worship Minister. We believe that the title "Pastor" is
used very loosely and we are "slow to lay hands" on someone concerning this title.
- This is a full-time job and normal hours will be considered 40-50 hours a week.
FYI: How are we muscially?
We are not a church that is trying to targets any specific population or demographic (i.e. the young or the old). we have a wide range of people which we believe is healthy. Our music is upbeat. We do not try to do "blended" services. We will probably
be going to two services in the near future as we have experienced much growth through the summer. Music we use inludes but is not limited to the following: Hillsong, Vertical Church Band, Crowder, Fee, tomlin, elevation, gateway, desparation band, new life,
redman,brewster, liberty etc... Our singers don't just stand in a line... they lead! Our Pastor was a worship leader for 18 years so he's very much a fan of making sure the team has what they need. We have a great system and room and are always trying
to improve what we have. Its a very energetic yet relaxed experience. We believe in excellence and planning and bathing all of that in prayer.
What we request you send to us:
- Resume (with references)
- If your resume does not have the following on it please provide the following: a picture of yourself (you and family if married) how old you are? kids? how long married? what do you do for relaxation?
- Video of you leading worship (preferably one that shows your whole team... they are expamples of what you are producing. If you do not have one of you leading then please provide one of you singing and playing) A VIDEO IS A MUST HAVE :)