Director of Worship Arts
Grace Community Chapel
Saint Peters, Missouri
Job Title: Director of Worship Arts
Time Type: Full Time
Job Category: Worship Arts Director/Worship Pastor
Benefits in addition to salary include but are not limited to:
Organization Type: Church
Worship Style: Both Contemporary and Traditional
Church Size: Congregation of 800
We are a growing congregation pursuing God’s Great Commission in our community and the world. We currently have four Sunday Services during three time segments. One is traditional with a choir, followed by two Contemporary services. During the second hour
the Chapel Service is a fresh take on the classics, with new arrangements of hymns, and the sermon on video.
We are looking for a worship leader with a heart for God and a love for leading the church into a deeper relationship with Him through worship. The qualified candidate must plan and facilitate dynamic weekly corporate worship celebrations which are comprised
of multiple styles of worship. The primary responsibilities of the position include facilitating contemporary worship services, supporting services which incorporate traditional and modern hymn styles, and directing all aspects of the Worship Arts ministry.
Interested parties should possess a minimum of five to seven years of experience in a similar ministry setting. The candidate must have strong administrative, leadership and interpersonal skills. A bachelor’s degree is preferred and musical skills are
required. Knowledge of and/or experience in computer and media technology are a plus.
Before submitting resumes, please go to http://www.gcchapel.org/statement-of-faith/ to read through our
Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Guidelines for Teachers and Leaders. Resumes and relevant material (links to YouTube, video clips, etc.) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A strong background in Worship Arts, developed through five to seven years of experience in a similar ministry setting. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A growing relationship with Jesus and a worshipper of God, with the ability to lead a congregation into the presence of God.
- A shepherding gift and heart, demonstrated by a love and care for the Worship Arts team and the congregation.
- A self-starter with strong leadership and administrative skills to plan and lead the ministry.
- A desire to nurture the talents of others and unleash people for ministry.
- Ability to work with and have the trust of the Senior Pastor and other ministry leaders.
- A commitment to excellence for all worship service styles, promoting authentic worship and unity in the Body.
- Proven ability in leading vocal and instrumental teams and coordinating the needed technical teams.
- Facilitate contemporary worship services.
- Support additional services which incorporate traditional and modern hymn styles.
- Recruit, develop and schedule teams needed to lead our congregation in genuine worship. These teams will be comprised of volunteers gifted in the areas of music, drama, audio and visual arts.
- Develop and coordinate the infrastructure needed for the Worship Arts ministry at Grace.
- Conduct Worship Arts team meetings / rehearsals on a regular basis.
- Participate in the larger ministry of the church as a member of the Ministry Staff, supporting other Staff members in their ministries.
- Support Grace Chapel’s Vision/Mission/Strategy by example of a missional lifestyle, and encourage others to do the same.