Primary Function – The English Youth and Young Adult (EYYA) Pastor will minister and develop the EYYA congregation. As a member of the church pastoral staff, he will provide spiritual leadership to develop mature Christian lives of the English
congregation through shepherding, scriptural teaching, and discipleship training.
- To provide scriptural teaching and train the EYYA congregation to apply Christian faith in daily life according to the biblical principles.
- To direct and oversee the EYYA Ministry.
- To facilitate communication between the Chinese and English congregations.
- To provide counseling to the EYYA congregation when appropriate.
- To foster a genuine Christ-centered community.
- To promote evangelical outreach.
- To build and develop spiritual gifts of the English congregation members in order to cultivate servanthood.
- Participate and serve in various church programs as the needs arise, e.g. retreats,VBS, Christmas Harvest.
- To lead and guide English Leadership team to plan for future growth.
- To be willing to work with the leadership of TOL to further Church’s Mission.
EXPECTATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The EYYA Pastor is expected to be a servant leader. He is expected to live an exemplary life modeling the call and character of a minister of Jesus Christ.
- Spiritual Based on Scripture and in accordance with our Church Constitution and By-Laws:
* The candidate must experience a genuine call from God to pastor, minister and evangelize the English segment of the TOL. He must espouse a life consistent of faithful prayer, preaching God’s Word, equipping the saints to do the work of the ministry,
and calling sinners to a life in Christ. (Eph.4:11-13; By-laws Article 4.1, 4.7).
* He must subscribe to the Doctrine and Statement of Faith of the TOL.
* He must desire to grow in spiritual maturity which can be reflected in his teaching ministry, character, family testimony, and reputation outside the Church (Act 20:19, 20, 24; Titus 1:6-9;
I Tim.3:2-7, 11-16; I Peter 5:1-4; By-laws Article 4.21).
* Prior pastoral experience in Youth Ministry preferred.
* Cross cultural experience. (Asian Prefer)
* Married status preferred.
* Graduated from an accredited Bible college/Seminary with a M.Div. degree preferred.