The Ministry Coordinator organizes efforts to aid the church in establishing and sustaining effective ministry outcomes and to carry out the mission of the Church. This individual leads the congregation to nurture the faith of every
member – performing the expected duties of ministry; often supervising other staff and may function as lead or
executive for administrative purposes.
The purpose of the Ministry Coordinator is to provide VCWC Worshippers with the opportunity to live out their faith practices and call to service. The Ministry Coordinator is called forth from the ordained select, to enable and empower the church and membership.
The Ministry Coordinator confers with the governing board, committees and volunteers and represents the congregation to the community. Must support the Mission, Vision and Values of Victory Cathedral Worship Center (VCWC).
1. Establish, oversee, coordinate and foster the work of VCWC
2. Follow and articulate the Vision conveyed by the Pastor.
3. Assess and determine what ministry needs are to be addressed and determine whether or not other VCWC
services exist to meet these needs. Once the needs are verified, develop a mission statement to support the services and actions adopted.
4. Manages effectively in a co-ministry environment – foster team relationships across multiple campuses.
5. Supervise other paid and volunteer staff – facilitating recruitment, training, and coordination activities with sensitivity towards worshipers of all ages.
6. Bring applicable educational insight to the ministerial team; sharing in the traditional duties of ministry such as preaching and the execution of holy ordinances and pastoral services.
7. Work with various committees to develop a plan of action which includes goals, objectives and action steps with specific times and people responsible for completion; implements the plan insuring that the resources
identified in the action steps are available and evaluation of program effectiveness is conducted.
8. Initiate planned efforts to identify, recruit, and train new members and volunteers.
9. Create formation (growth) opportunities, ensuring that ministry work remains rooted in Scripture and aligned with VCWC mission and teaching.
10. Establish an effective communications system; keeping leadership, other ministries and the church
11. Coordinate social ministry efforts with other organizations, Pastoral Councils and committees for total church integration and outreach to the broader community.
12. Prepare and administer ministry budget.
13. Educate towards the imperatives of mission and service responsibilities.
14. Is proactive and participates in opportunities for personal and professional development.
15. All other duties as assigned by Pastor.
Desirable Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
• Knowledge and understanding of Scripture and the Gospel call to service.
• Knowledge and understanding of the principles of VCWC; the foundation on why/ how we do what we do.
• Knowledge and understanding of the distinction between membership/commitment (social change) and charity (service).
• Knowledge of VCWC culture, practices and resources.
• Some knowledge of community practice tools which includes knowledge of community resources, needs assessment, program development and coalition building.
• Ability to assess and discern needs in the church (project oriented).
• Ability to assess people’s needs, identify problems, and make proper referrals (people focus).
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in diverse settings which may include working with persons with differing cultural and religious backgrounds and the broader community.
• Ability to act as an advocate for VCWC in an effective and professional manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing – to explain and present VCWC ministry/ activities to the broader community.
• Demonstrated leadership and experience in ministry and/or community outreach and advocacy.
• Senior level management capabilities - including critical thinking and analytical reasoning.
• People management success – works well with others; understands and courts cooperative, team- influenced, outcomes.
• Good knowledge of the social mission of VCWC; significant track of service experience – demonstrated interest in helping people.
• Compassionate and non-judgmental attitude and behavior.
• Willingness to learn new ideas.
• Ecumenical spirit
• Ability to work with diverse staff; to effectively handle difficult and sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
Additional Qualifications (Preferred)
• Experience planning and implementing a Ministry Development / Education program
• Experience educating, encouraging and promoting spiritual renewal opportunities, including retreats, youth gatherings, conferences, services or Bible studies.
• Possess the Spiritual gifts – service minded, exhortation (encouragement), leadership, wisdom, faith,
administration, helping, and shepherding
• The Ministry Coordinator will provide administrative support to Pastor and have specialized program responsibility which may include recruiting and guiding/supporting volunteers, serving as a teacher or program facilitator, supervising Sunday activities or managing one aspect of the religious education activities (such as directing a summer program, coordinating the children's or youth program, directing an evening adult program or a committee tasked with developing family activities).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30
Victory Cathedral Worship Cntr
We are a non-denominational church whose mission is to edify, equip, and empower the body of Christ through the inspired Word of God, authentic worship, and loving relationships that will win the world to Christ. We share a common vision "L.E.A.D." Learning | Empowering | Assigning | Developing. We are a progressive and relevant ministry that will L.E.A.D. people to achieve God’s best for them. We will be a community of well-informed and spiritually empowered people who will actively equip others to LEAD at home, work, church, com More...