North Raleigh United Methodist Church is a large, vibrant community in North Raleigh, and seeks a ministry team member to provide contemporary-music direction for youth and adults within various services. Primary responsibilities of the Associate Minister
for Contemporary Music will include direction of two contemporary worship bands (one with orchestral elements) and a mixed-voice youth choir.
Strong candidates will possess:
- Identification with the Christian faith and basic theological tenets of the United Methodist Church;
- Ability to work collaboratively with ministers and other staff/volunteers;
- Personal musical excellence, and the ability to develop such skills in others;
- Proficiency in a worship-appropriate musical instrument (piano skills preferred);
- Working knowledge of audio/video hardware and software technologies;
- Exemplary organizational and communication skills.
While a single 20-hour-per-week employee would be ideal, we acknowledge that all candidates are uniquely gifted, and we are willing to consider breaking the duties into multiple positions based on the applicants’ strengths.
Each applicant should submit a resume with job and education history, professional and personal references, and an interest letter including a statement of faith and theological approach to music ministry. PDF files are preferred.
Please apply by October 10 to email@example.com. Direct questions to Parish Administrator Jo Hardy, at 919-341-7378 x101.