Associate Pastor of Student Ministries (This is a permanent, full time position with benefits)
Community Grace Brethren Church, Warsaw, IN
Primary Purpose of the Position: To lead students and the student ministry staff team of Warsaw Community Grace Brethren Church to new levels of excellence in fulfillment of the church’s vision to glorify God by being Christ followers who
make Christ followers.
Community Grace is a warm church family with a rich history of high-impact student ministries. We value a staff culture where life change happens in community. The successful candidate will be highly relational, theologically strong, loves students, and
has a passion for discipleship, small groups and Christ centered relationships.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Pastor Roy Chapin at email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
- Serves as the primary pastor-teacher and leader for the CGBC student ministry.
- Identifies recruits and equips all student ministry volunteer staff.
- Creates a growing student ministry small group discipleship structure and culture that upholds the values of Know, Love, Learn, Serve, and Reach.
- Warmly engages with students so that they experience the love of Christ in his personality and ministry.
- Equips students for a lifestyle of high-impact ministry and Christ centered relationships.
- Helps parents to learn and own their primary disciple-making role in the life of their student.
- Manages the student ministry budget with wisdom and excellence.
- Leads student ministry participants in special trips and conference opportunities.
Key Relationships: Lead Pastor, student ministry volunteers, Elder Board, and church staff team.
Staff Supervised: Student ministry volunteer staff.
Volunteer/Small Group Functions: Build an intentional spiritual formation/discipleship culture with student ministry staff and students that delivers ministry in life-changing community.
Position Requirements (Some requirements are contingent upon the skill and experience of certain candidates.)
A. Skills and Knowledge:
- Meets the qualifications of an elder in 1 Tim 3 and Titus 1.
- Gifted in communicating Bible truths to students.
- Agrees with the doctrinal statement of the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches.
- Has small group leadership vision, passion and skill.
- Creates space for relational involvement with students and staff.
- Loves students and shepherds them well.
- Understands how to equip students to lead their peers.
- Possesses competency in recruiting, supporting, coaching and directing volunteers.
- Understands student ministry culture and leadership requirements.
- Displays excellent boundaries with students and volunteers.
- Enjoys connecting with people of all ages.
- Has developed competency in supporting, coaching, and directing volunteers.
- Is experienced in student ministry leadership training.
- Pursues spiritually forming discipleship and accountability relationships.
- Equips and manages volunteer teams for high-impact ministry experiences.
- A candidate who has multiple ministry skills and experience and who may also be bilingual in Spanish would be a plus, but
not a requirement for this position. [Spanish is an asset due to our desire to support and expand our Spanish speaking ministry.]
- Has used and equipped students for leadership roles.
C. Education: College, Bible College, and/or Seminary (preferred)
D. Spiritual Gifts:
Primary - Leadership, Teaching, Shepherding;
Secondary - Encouragement, Discernment, Administration
Contact – Pastor Roy Chapin at firstname.lastname@example.org