The Adult Ministries Pastor/Director is responsible for seeing people become involved in small groups where they can grow in their commitment to the person of Christ, grow in their connection to the body of Christ, and grow in their contribution to the mission of Christ. Because a critical component of the church's discipleship strategy is small groups, the Adult Ministries Pastor/Director is responsible for recruitment and training of small group leaders and coaches; birthing new groups; supervision of connect group leaders and coaches while maintaining oversight of all adult discipleship ministries.
In addition to small groups, this individual will provide leadership for men’s and women’s ministries and our Sunday morning Adult Bible Fellowship (ABF/Sunday School) groups.
The Discipleship Pastor/Director is also responsible to facilitate and oversee the process whereby first time guests move to become vibrant and dynamic members of Maple Grove Evangelical Free Church.
A break-out of responsibilities is as follows:
Adult Ministries (60%)
- Evaluate and assess the current discipleship plan for MGEFC
- Recruit, train, motivate, supervise, and provide care to connect group leaders and coaches
- Provide for leadership development for connect group leaders and coaches, and assist in launching new connect groups.
- Develop a process that provides an ability to measure growth in connect groups
- Provide high-level leadership for men’s ministry and women’s ministry.
- Appoint or work with appointed leader of men’s and women’s ministry to provide leadership and support.
Welcome Ministries (30%)
- Evaluate MGEFC current Welcome Ministry practices
- Provide guidance and assistance to welcome desk volunteers and greeters.
- Oversee and provide leadership for membership class
- Assess, oversee, provide leadership and evaluation for MGEFC classe
Ministerial Duties (10%)
- Serve generally as a pastor and ministry staff teammate at MGEFC with regular pastoral duties (weddings, funerals, hospital visitation, counseling, etc.) (as appropriate or assigned)
- Participate in worship services including occasional teaching as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Pastor or Senior Pastor
Job Skills & Requirements
- Able to cast and implement an adult ministry vision that supports the Mission, Vision and Values of MGEFC
- Possess gifts of leadership, teaching and administration.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Highly relational in working with leaders and coaches.
- Communicate effectively with children, adults, ministry staff, the congregation, and non-believers in the community.
- Courage and willingness to initiate growth in discipleship ministries.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and supervise connect group leaders and coaches.
- Manage multiple ministries, events, and issues concurrently.
- Interpret and use Scripture accurately.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- Cover Letter
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
Associate/Worship PastorDupont Church of the Brethren
- Dupont, Ohio
- January 17
Waterbury Campus PastorFaith Church
- New Milford, Connecticut
- January 17
Maple Grove Evangelical Free Church
MGEFC is a multiple-generational congregation that attracts people of all ages from young families to empty nesters. We consistently receive feedback from visitors and church members regarding our strong family dynamic. Our vision is "To connect as family, grow in faith, and share hope with our world". We have adopted a two style worship service format, The Current and Remix.More...