Position: Communications and Systems Manager
Purpose: The Communications and Systems Manager supports the vision and ministry of Bethany Presbyterian Church through communications and operational programs.
This person will develop an overarching communications strategy for Bethany Presbyterian that fosters personal and communal growth in Christ. This includes: print, web, staff server and social media. The Communications and Systems Manager supervises administrative
staff and provides oversight for the daily operational, communications and administrative needs of our staff and Session with an eye to maintaining systems that empower staff and volunteers to use their gifts, make meaningful connections, and grow in being
disciples of Christ.
Accountability: The Communications and Systems Manager reports to and is accountable to the Pastor/Head of Staff.
Hours: The job is part-time at 30 hours per week.
- Supervise and work with the Office Administrative Assistant in the preparation of Sunday communications pieces, and in the printing and distribution of Bethany Briefs, Annual Report and other literature as required. Maintain a database of bulletins
- Working with the Director of Worship and the Pastor, coordinate communication to all participants leading in worship.
- Supervise the Communications Assistant in the development and publication of the monthly Bethany Briefs newsletter.
- Develop and oversee the church communications and technology budget.
- With the Director of Worship and the Pastor, ensure that our church physical space communicates in a way that is in keeping with Bethany’s mission identity.
Development of on line spaces for connection and spiritual formation
- Develop our online community through social media and the design and direction of the church website.
- Maintain the church website content, including CCB database and calendar.
- Supervise the Office Administrative Assistant, the Communications Assistant and the IT Director.
- With support from the Facilities Manager and the Head of Staff, oversee the budget for and maintenance of office equipment and the church phone system.
- Coordinate training of office volunteers.
- Perform or assist with office administration tasks as needed.
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ and openness to the direction of the Holy Spirit.
- Pastoral sensitivity and theological insight that informs and shapes congregational communication which fosters growth in Christ.
- Experience managing projects through their entire life cycle in collaboration with church leaders and staff.
- Communications, operational, and supervisory experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional.
- Experience developing communication approaches and strategies including web site design, web content and on-line distribution.
- Interest and aptitude in leveraging social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Skill in managing multiple projects and working toward deadlines.
- Program coordination and management experience in a volunteer-driven organization is preferred (enjoys administration and enabling others to perform their functions).
- Accuracy in content development, money handling, and confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the church and its members.
- Team player who works well with others.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills to work with a diverse population, and to coordinate and manage volunteers.
- High school degree is required. Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience is preferred.
Relationships: The Communications and Systems Manager is accountable to the Pastor/Head of Staff in the performance of his/her responsibilities. The Communications and Systems Manager works directly with the Office Administrative Assistant, the Communications
Assistant, the IT Director and the Director of Worship, and relates with all pastoral staff and office volunteers.
Evaluation: The Pastor/Head of Staff will conduct performance reviews annually. The Personnel Committee and Session will annually review the adequacy of compensation.