Reports to: Pastor
Position type: Hired, Full Time, Salary
Position Description: Youth Pastor
- Meet the requirements of 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Express a call to Christian vocational ministry
- Maintain moral impeccability
- Submit to the will of the church in accordance with the will of Jesus Christ
- Submit to the mentorship of the Pastor and/or his designee
- Practice humility and repentance when in error
- Keep a fresh and vital faith characterized by the display of Christian virtue and spiritual discipline
- Possess adequate administration skills to lead the discipleship tasks to youth and their families
- Possess adequate leadership skills to blend the spiritual interests of youth with the total church program
- Possess adequate media skills to create and promote events, meetings, and other activities
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead Bible study on Wednesdays and Sundays and other times as necessary to accomplish the spiritual growth of students
- Ensure the proper theological perspective is developing in the minds of youth and their families
- Develop youth leaders who teach, counsel, and minister biblically to youth and their parents
- Plan and implement mission trips, camps, and special events with both the Gospel and the security of youth and their family in mind.
- Participate in evangelism, administration and teaching tasks.
- Participate in regularly scheduled ministry training times.
- Work hard for the spiritual and congregational betterment of the church
- Attend regular Sunday and Wednesday church functions and special events with your family
- Report to the pastor on all issues, problems, liabilities, or successes that arise in the discharge of ministry duties.
- Disciple both young and old as a minister of the Gospel.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned by the pastor
- Spend adequate time planning, reviewing and orchestrating youth objectives, and do significant forward planning.
- Meet weekly with the pastor and staff for staff meeting
- Yearly performance review via pastor.
- Agree to a background check.