Worship Ministry Pastor Qualifications
The job description for the Worship Pastor at Grace Point Evangelical Free Church describes what is being asked of anyone who applies for this ministry position. The following list describes the qualifications that we are looking for in that candidate. The
candidate should be someone who:
- Has achieved a minimum of a Bachelors degree in music/worship arts.
- Has had previous experience at leading a congregation in worship.
- Has had some formal Biblical training.
- Demonstrates both spiritual and emotional maturity.
- Has a gift of administration and can organize and prioritize a large amount of information while leading a diverse group of people.
- Is confident in their God-given abilities yet demonstrates humility in the use of those abilities.
- Is a well-trained musician who demonstrates proficiency on the piano and strong ability on the guitar as well.
- Desires to focus on a broad range of musical styles.
- Is theologically sound and discerning in the selection of worship music.
- Is technically proficient in the area of sound, and can achieve a good blend between vocals and instrumentation.
- Sees the value in developing a worship team and is capable of bringing unity to a diverse group of people.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org