Worship Ministry Pastor Qualifications
The job description for the Worship Pastor at Grace Point Evangelical Free Church describes what is being asked of anyone who applies for this ministry position. The following list describes the qualifications that we are looking for in that candidate. The candidate should be someone who:
- Has achieved a minimum of a Bachelors degree in music/worship arts.
- Has had previous experience at leading a congregation in worship.
- Has had some formal Biblical training.
- Demonstrates both spiritual and emotional maturity.
- Has a gift of administration and can organize and prioritize a large amount of information while leading a diverse group of people.
- Is confident in their God-given abilities yet demonstrates humility in the use of those abilities.
- Is a well-trained musician who demonstrates proficiency on the piano and strong ability on the guitar as well.
- Desires to focus on a broad range of musical styles.
- Is theologically sound and discerning in the selection of worship music.
- Is technically proficient in the area of sound, and can achieve a good blend between vocals and instrumentation.
- Sees the value in developing a worship team and is capable of bringing unity to a diverse group of people.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Worship Ministry Pastor Job Description
The Worship Ministry Pastor should understand and follow God’s desires for leadership in the church as outlined in 1Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9. This role must also be willing to serve within a team leadership structure. As with all those who have been called by God into ministry, this job can only be accomplished through the reliance on the Holy Spirit, the study of the Word and total dependence on God through prayer. The Worship Ministry Pastor will work closely with the Lead Pastor and the Elder board as he assumes the following responsibilities:
- Encourage, mentor and provide leadership for the Worship Team. This would include the weekly meeting with musicians and singers for times of prayer, practice, training and Biblical teaching.
- Recruit, lead, and equip volunteers as they use their musical gifts in the leading of the congregation in worship through music every Sunday morning.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor to ensure that the Sunday morning worship service is a unified presentation of both music and the message from God’s Word.
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers in a church choir.
- Routinely look for new ways to introduce and use the musical gifts of our congregation, through incorporating special music, choir pieces, children’s specials and dramas throughout the year.
- Bring vision and direction for the future of Grace Point’s Worship Ministry, ensuring that we are introduced to new songs and new styles in the worship of our Savior.
- Establish annual goals and objectives in line with our stated vision/mission/core values.
- Manage the worship ministry budget.
- Provide oversight and leadership for Grace Point Connect ministry. Grace Point Connect is a ministry that involves the coordination of all of our volunteers (greeters, ushers, building guides, welcome desk, Reach ministry, security team, etc.) that help ensure a consistent Sunday morning worship experience. This position would provide high level leadership and vision to this ministry and would closely work with and manage the Ministry Assistant and Deacons who are tasked with the weekly coordination.
- Recruit, train and provide oversight and leadership to the multi-media and soundboard teams.
- Preserve, protect and proclaim the Word of God as you lead the congregation in worship through music.
- Be willing to serve within a team leadership structure, assisting in other areas of ministry as needs may arise.
- Be in agreement with the doctrine of Grace Point Evangelical Free Church.
- Demonstrate a passionate, growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, as evidenced by a vibrant prayer life, a heart for lost people and a love of God’s Word.
- Develop and maintain a commitment to sustained excellence and quality.
- Demonstrate the ability to study, interpret, and apply God’s word in a practical way to those that you are to lead.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and develop God’s people to be able to discover and use their God given gifts.
- Demonstrate a teachable spirit, a willingness to seek the counsel of others when needed and a submission to authority.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderCrosspointe Church
- Sanger, California
- January 20
Worship Pastor - 1768MinisterSearch
- Centennial, Colorado
- January 20
Harvest Bible Chapel - Director of WorshipVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sacramento, California
- January 20
Director of Contemporary Worship -1723MinisterSearch
- Great Cincinnati Suburb, Ohio
- January 20
Youth Worship LeaderImpact Fellowship Church
- Overland Park, Kansas
- January 19
Grace Point Church
Grace Point is a growing church of over 600 attendees in two Sunday morning services. We are located in Adrian, MI and attract people from all over Lenawee County. Our worship style is contemporary and we also like to include some hymns done in a contemporary style. We are searching for a Godly man to join our pastoral staff to provide solid leadership, particularly in the area of worship. More...