Seven-year-old church seeking full-time minister to oversee a rapidly growing children's ministry, birth through 5th grade.
Austin Baptist Church is located in Austin, Texas. The congregation was launched seven years ago, rented space for five years, and moved into a beautiful 71,000 sq. foot campus on 35 acres two years ago. The facility includes Sunday School space for all
ages, and growth has been so rapid that a second building is in the planning stages that will double our space for preschool and children. We currently average 175 in children's attendance and will add twelve new departments with the new building.
We have both a traditional service and a contemporary service with Bible study in between the two services. Austin Baptist Church is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and the Baptist General Convention of Texas. We are situated the the western
part of one of the fastest-growing metropolitan areas of the nation.
Church Budget: $3,183,000 (we have exceeded our budget goal each year)
Education Required: undergraduate degree required; graduate degree and seminary a plus
Benefits include health, life, and disability insurance; Retirement Contributions
Salary Range: $50-70K plus benefits
Personal Qualifications desired:
- -Love for Jesus Christ and a call to ministry to children in the setting of a local congregation.
- -Several years experience in a growing, well-rounded, evangelistic children's ministry in a Southern Baptist church.
- -Competence in administrative leadership of core programs: Sunday School, children's worship, camps, VBS, AWANA, child care.
- -Ability to enlist, equip, and encourage volunteer leadership for children's ministry.
- -Ability to lead and equip paid staff under the Minister's supervision.
- -Love for children and their families. Love for leading children to faith in Christ.
- -Ability to work well with Senior Pastor and staff team.
If you meet these criteria, please submit a current resume and photograph through Churchstaffing.com or to Dr. David Procter, Executive Pastor, Austin Baptist Church:
email@example.com. No telephone inquiries.