Meadow Creek Church is seeking a pastor for our Youth and Family Ministries. If you are interested in this position and the following qualifications describe you, please send a resume, cover letter and
MINISTRY JOB APPLICATION to firstname.lastname@example.org
***YOU MUST SUBMIT THE MINISTRY APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED***
You can find the ministry job application here: http://meadowcreekchurch.org/#/welcome-home/employment
Ministry Description – Associate Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry
In an effort to efficiently maximize our ministry opportunities, it is our desire to hire an
Associate Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry. The primary responsibilities of this man will be
to nurture relationships and foster spiritual growth in our children, youth and parents through
direct involvement and intentional discipleship.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, abilities and gifts:
- A sincere and evident love for God and His word.
- Natural tendency to demonstrate genuine love and care for others.
- A passion to reach, preach, and teach people of all ages
- The call to mentor and disciple others, especially our children and youth
- Ability to work under and in agreement with our pastoral staff
- Gifted with an ability to prepare, facilitate and execute a strategic plan
- Ability and willingness to preach and teach in a congregational setting
- A servant-leader demonstrating initiative; valuing input, ideas and suggestions; having the desire to involve others and delegate.
- Maturity to balance ministry with a God honoring personal life.
- High level initiative to communicate proactively within the church family as well as the outside community.
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements:
1. Seminary graduate with previous ministry experience
2. Continuing theological training with a passion for Christ’s church
3. Meet the qualifications of Godly leadership as defined in…
- 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- 1 Timothy 4:12
- Titus 1:6-9
4. A testimony that demonstrates spiritual and emotional maturity that children, teens
and adults will be inspired to emulate.
5. Formal ministry training at the undergraduate and graduate level
6. Two years minimum – Experience and working in family ministry
7. Be in agreement with the beliefs and practices of Meadow Creek Church
8. Complete a criminal and child abuse history clearance
Specific Ministry Responsibilities
1. Overseeing the Youth Ministry, this Pastor will develop and implement the ministry of both
the middle school and high school youth with the assistance of the Teen Youth Director.
Responsibilities will include:
- Selecting program agendas and curricula
- Recruiting, training and scheduling teachers/resource people
- Fostering the involvement of other adults in supporting the teen ministries
- Preparing teens to assist in planning and leading meetings and events
- Develop opportunities for youth outreach and serving the greater body
- Working with and enabling youth leaders to:
- Prepare and lead youth group meetings and activities
o Plan, schedule and promote fellowship/outreach events
o Promote an attitude of selflessness among our students through the
organization of ministry focused events
- Oversee the planning and implementation of the annual mission focused and personal
growth experiences for the youth (i.e. retreats and trips).
2. Overseeing the Children’s Ministry, this Pastor will develop and implement the ministry for
nursery through elementary age children with the assistance of the Children’s Ministry
Director. Responsibilities will include:
- Selecting program agenda and curricula along with the recommendations of the
AWANA, Sunday School, Junior Church, and other program leaders
- Empowering and assisting the Nursery leadership team to achieve goals
- Fostering the involvement of others in supporting the children’s ministries
- Working with and enabling children’s leaders to:
o Prepare and lead children’s programs and activities
o Plan, schedule and promote the biblical nurturing of our children through
ministry opportunity (i.e. VBS, AWANA, Pumpkin Patch)
o Commit their effort to modeling and instilling the fruits of the Spirit in our
children through the most impressionable years of their life.
3. Overseeing various Family ministries with the assistance of lay leaders, this Pastor will
develop and implement intentional ministry that includes, but is not limited to…
- Equipping parents with biblical training and resources to develop Godly character in
- Encouraging married couples to consistently pursue selflessness and wisdom with a
commitment that results in a healthy marriage
- Strengthening families with the desire to build a legacy of truth and love
- Accepting assignments that are consistent with MCC’s vision and mission