Clayton Community Church--Job Description for Director of High School Ministries
40 hrs. per week, plus full benefit package
Applications accepted through Oct. 10, 2014
Purpose: to work together with the CCC Leaders and a team of volunteers in order to develop our High School Ministries, to partner with parents to train up our High School students to know and follow Jesus, to provide leadership
for all programs, activities and outreach while providing consistency to the overall student ministry structure
Specific Ministry Responsibilities for Leading High School Ministry:
- Oversee/teach/lead a weekly H.S. Sunday morning class and midweek program
- Develop small groups as part of the H.S. midweek program, designed to build relationships and nurture/mature H.S. students in their journey with God
- Spend time building relationships and discipling H.S. students with your volunteer team
- Plan/oversee events/activities designed to reach out to new students in the Clayton Valley community.
- Plan/oversee camps/retreats designed to grow deeper relationships with one another and with God
- Go on campus regularly to build relationships and nurture students in faith
- Recruit/Train/Lead a team of adult volunteer leaders, developing them as small group leaders as well as providing them with “Ministry Safe” training
- Plan/oversee occasional Service/Outreach events for the entire group
- Communicate regularly with parents of H.S. students with practical information, personal insights and spiritual encouragement
- Facilitate/oversee, or partner with our Missions Team, to provide opportunities for students and their families for missions
- Lead and administer annual youth membership/confirmation class
- Working with Jr. Hi and college leaders and students to provide a connection and smooth transition from Jr. High to High School and from High School to college
Basic Ministry Responsibilities:
- Prepare flyers, calendars and other publicity materials.
- Attend all regularly scheduled staff meetings, training events, and one Sunday morning church gathering each week; plan to be onsite on Sundays from 8:00am - 12:30pm
- Attend CCC All-Church events; support CCC Outreach activities
- Oversee set up/take down for all H.S. weekly programs and events.
- Spend time in study, prayer and preparation, led by the Holy Spirit, grounded in God’s Word
- Meet with supervisor on a regular basis for counsel and accountability
- Other ministry duties as may be assigned by supervisor or the Senior Pastor
- Put together a prayer team of at least 3 people who will support you personally, as well as pray for your ministry (or you can have 2 teams – one who prays for you personally, one who prays for your ministry); communicate with them regularly.
For more information about our church, check out our website: www.claytoncc.com or send your resume to our search team chair, Steve Gustafson: