The Pastor of Marriage and Family builds families by overseeing the student and children’s ministries at Parkway Victoria and by creating events and groups that strengthen marriages. In partnership with the Pastor of Student Impact, Director of
All Star Kids, Kidz Day Director and the WonderKids Coordinator, they will provide strategic oversight over ministry direction so that healthy families are built. They will also be responsible for executing (in conjunction with the team) a clear vision and
goal-driven strategy for All Star Kids, Kidz Day, WonderKids, and Student Impact. In addition to providing strategic leadership for birth-12th grade, they will also build teams to execute marriage events and groups.
This individual must be:
- A people person who loves kids, students, and parents.
- A leader of leaders who builds and equips teams to make ministries happen effectively.
- A systems builder who gives the ministry away by delegating responsibility.
- A growing follower of Jesus who can share relational advice and teaching with authenticity.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in a setting committed to reaching the unreached, building community, and strategically building lives. They will need to be able to thrive in a fast-paced, creative, team environment.
A bachelor’s degree is prefered with experience leading teams and managing staff. Experience with child development is a plus.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Leading Student Ministry, Children’s Ministry, and WonderKids teams at Parkway Victoria
- Partner with ministry leaders to ensure large group teaching is doctrinally correct and consistent with our Core Value: God’s Word is inerrant, reliable and relevant to direct life change.
- Build healthy ministry teams including: recruiting and intentionally equipping leaders.
- Create ministry strategy and calendars that live out the Parkway Process for kids birth - 12th grade at Parkway Victoria.
- Provide a coaching environment for Student Ministry and Children’s Ministry Teams for All Locations
- Strengthen Marriages Within the Church and in the Community
- Develop marriage and parenting events where connection and spiritual growth occurs.
- Provide marital and family counseling as needed. (Note: this position will not be the primary counseling minister of the church.)