Antioch Christian Church in Watkinsville, Georgia is seeking a full time Music Minister. Following is the job description.
Music Minister Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Minister of Music is responsible to the pastor and church board for developing, planning, conducting, scheduling and evaluating the music ministry of the church.
- 1. Coordinate with the pastor in planning all worship services. (This may periodically include the use of drama, multimedia, and other means of enhancing worship.) This directly and specifically applies to the planning of the schedule for Sunday Worship Services, including, but not limited to; Corporate worship, special music and accompanists. Attend staff meetings, music committee meeting. 3hours/week
2. For special music and accompanists the Music Minister is to persistently encourage talent from various sources within Antioch to perform. The Music Minister is to also work with these soloists, ensembles, and instrumentalists regarding the selection and appropriateness of their music.4 hours/week
3. Support and enhance the worship life of the church body through congregational, choral and instrumental music, being mindful of Antioch’s traditions and being sensitive to the balancing of traditional and contemporary Christian music styles.Enhancement of congregational singing is a larger goal since the congregation is the real and greatest choir.4hours/week
4. Coordinate leaders and accompanists for the church music ministry by utilizing talent from within Antioch. 2-3 hours/week
5. Plan, develop and promote a graded choir program; 5-6 hours/week
1. Coordinate, direct and support and rehearse Sanctuary choir.
2. Coordinate and direct the work of the lay choir directors in the graded choir program.
a. Graded choir program to include (in addition to the Sanctuary choir)
i. Youth Choir
ii. Children’s Choir/Praise Kids
b. Graded choir program sections to perform on a quarterly basis
3. Coordinate and direct other choirs as needed or requested (special women’s choir, special men’s choir, etc.).
6. Attend all worship services on Sunday morning.4 hours/week
7. Coordinate the church music program with the church calendar and with an emphasis on church traditions (homecoming, revival, etc.) by regularly and effectively recruiting congregational talent for the various events. 2hours/week
8. Coordinate with Children’s Director/Point Person for Children’s Ministry Vacation Bible School(VBS) music as well as music for Children’s programs.
9. Cooperate with the pastor regarding necessary music preparations for church related activities as needed (weddings, funerals, etc.).
10. Work in cooperation with the sound, lighting, and multimedia technicians.1 hour/week
11. Assist in the pastoral ministry of visitation as the need is known.
12. Cooperate with Associational, State, and Disciples of Christ leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.
13. Cooperate with local churches of the community in promoting activities of mutual interest.
14. Supervise, in conjunction with volunteers, maintenance of and additions to the music library, providing musical materials, supplies, instruments, and other musical equipment for use in the church music program.2 hours/week
15. Keep informed on current music methods, materials, and administration, utilizing them where appropriate.
16. Work with the music committee in determining music ministry vision, goals, organization, leadership, facilities, finances and administration process.1 hour/week
17. Together with the music committee prepare an annual budget to be recommended to the board by October of the fiscal year.
18. Comply with all established church policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal and state laws
19. Perform other duties as requested.
Please contact Susan LaCount at email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Praise & Worship LeaderFamily Praise Center
- Vinita, Oklahoma
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship Ministry DirectorArvada Church of God
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1
Antioch Christian Church
The purpose of this Church shall be as revealed in the New Testament, to win people to faith in Jesus Christ and commit them actively to the Church, to help them to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ that increasingly they may know and do His will, and to work for the unity of all Christians and with them engage in the common task of building the Kingdom of God. More...