JOB TITLE: Congregational Care Pastor
Congregational Care Pastor
Highland Park Community Church is located in the vibrant community of Casper Wyoming, a city of 60,000 people in Central Wyoming. Highland Park has over 1500 members, and over 30 staff members.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Exempt (40+ hrs.)
POSITION OVERVIEW: Meet and/or provide for the pastoral care needs of both members and non-members of Highland Park Community Church and the pastoral care needs of those from the community at large who are seeking care from the church.
REPORTS TO: Executive Administrator
- Manage and equip the visitation of the hospitalized, the infirmed, the needy, and the bereaved, those confined to their homes and others with pastoral care needs.
- Serve as the primary pastoral contact for all on-call requests and emergencies
- Meet with individuals in crisis to provide prayer and pastoral support. Make referrals to appropriate care/support ministries/appropriate agencies.
- Provide pastoral oversight and care for the Ushers & Greeters
- Serve as the primary oversight for the planning and conducting of funerals and memorial services.
- Participate in weekend services (Announcements)
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Identify opportunities and deficiencies in assigned ministry and take/recommend effective actions.
- Work with the Ministry Leadership Team and the Support Staff to build effective partnerships.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
Education: Bachelor’s degree (required), or credentials approved by the Church of God Anderson.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skilled in counseling individuals, with an ability to mobilize and shepherd other care leaders
- Familiarity with Equipping Ministry models
- Comfort and skill relating to people of all ages
- Flexible management skills
You can visit our website http://www.hpcc.cc to view a full job description.
If you are interested, please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter and three references.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000 per year plus Medical Benefits, Paid Holidays and two weeks of vacation per year. A voluntary 403(b) tax-qualified deferred compensation program is available.