Job description for a Pastor to Millennials
- BA degree or higher required; preferably in missions/outreach.
- Prefer 2+ years of experience in church ministry.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate ability to understand and relate to people under forty.
- Recruiting, motivating, and equipping volunteer leaders.
- Communication skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in current technology and social media.
- Organizational skills.
- Problem solving and willingness to resolve conflict.
- Operate in a team environment.
- Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership.
Responsibilities (this is a working list and may be adjusted at any time by your supervisor or church board).
- Responsible for carrying out a ministry to reach and teach those under forty.
- Develop an outreach program to those under forty.
- Develop an effective social media ministry.
- Consult with and contribute to the music ministry, Bible Life groups (Sunday school), KC4U (Wednesday night kids club), and youth group.
Under Forties Process Summary
The above outline describes the expectations and duties of the Pastor to Millennials we plan to eventually hire to lead in ministry to those under forty years old. A summary of the vision, mission and purpose of reaching those under forty with the Gospel
of Jesus follows:
Westside members and attendees will be encouraged to actively assist the Millennials Pastor in every way possible. Inviting people to Christ and the church, and adjusting activities and ministries to accommodate the people being added to the Church are some
examples of expected support for the Associate Pastor to Millennials.
The Associate Millennials Pastor contracted by Westside Church will be expected to bring de-churched and un-churched individuals and families from the community to Christ and into Westside Church, with the specific target group being those under forty.
He will then direct the Westside Church family in discipling them to become mature Christ-followers.
The Belong, Believe, Become motto will be followed and used to evaluate the ministries and progress of the mission.
The current Westside members and attendees will continue to be ministered to by the Lead Pastor and Programs already in place; these will only be adjusted when necessary and appropriate.
Profile of an Associate Pastor
The Associate Pastor will be:
- Adept in common courtesy and general social skills.
- Energized by being with people.
- Friendly and willing to initiate conversation.
- Focused on outreach while discipling those being added to the Church.
- Gracious while still holding Biblical standards.
- Generally knowledgeable about the people and culture of this area.
- Honest and sincere yet seasoned with grace.
- Prompt to follow-up with things and people when necessary.