Lutheran Church of the Cross, 28253 Meadow Drive, Evergreen CO 80439
Position: Full-time Youth & Family Director or Pastor
Education Requirements: BA or BS Degree
Contact: Pastor Philip Reimers, email@example.com, 303-674-4130
Statement of Objective:
The principal objective of this position is to encourage, foster, and advance the attendance and continuing involvement of high school and middle school age youth (members and their friends) in church activities including those specifically directed toward
their age groups, those involving family activities, those involving spiritual growth and bible study and those involving all other aspects of church life and ministry.
A second objective, integrally tied to supporting, developing and sustaining the primary objective is to formulate and promote family outings and activities, involving and including youth and children of all ages, in order to help build bonds, associations,
and closer friendships within the church family but especially among the children such that these bonds and friendships will be perpetuated as the children reach the middle school and high school years.
1. Lead, manage and coordinate Youth Group meetings and activities for Middle School and for High School youth (ie...Confirmation, Youth Group, Youth Leadership Team).
2. Be available to the youth on an as-needed, and as recognized and ongoing basis, as a Christian advisor and mentor.
3. Envision and develop or delegate development of events, activities or programs that appeal to the interests of the youth and that incorporate a spiritual development element. Seek assistance in promoting and leading such activities among the LCC congregation.
4. Foster development or delegate development of events, activities or programs that appeal to the interests of families with children and that incorporate a spiritual development element. Seek assistance in promoting and leading such activities among
the LCC congregation.
5. Help establish, staff and facilitate programs for Elementary children (ie; Kids of the Cross & Children’s Church).
6. Make or delegate related youth & family announcements, as needed, at both LCC Sunday morning services (8am & 10:30am).
7. Be present during the 9:00 – 10:30am ‘Sunday School’ period, for communication/generating excitement with youth and parents during fellowship.
8. Periodically lead the Sunday Morning High School and Middle School Bible classes via special “focused learning sessions, outreach activities or other events or service projects”.
9. Encourage youth to bring their friends and proactively meet and welcome all youth visitors and ensure their attendance is as meaningful, welcoming and rewarding as possible.
10. Develop, maintain, and nurture relationships with youth groups at other local churches, other Lutheran or Christian Churches in Colorado, area youth related ministries such as Young Life.
11. Provide weekly communication (via; church bulletin and or e-mail, mass texting, internet site) suitable for both youth and parents to receive highlighting upcoming activities. Communications should;
a) Be positive/encouraging
b) Present a clear plan for the activity
c) Include how to prepare/what to bring, as needed.
•Meet weekly with the Pastor and attend LCC Staff meetings.
•Meet monthly with the Council Member/Chairperson for the Youth & Family Committee.
•Meet (at least quarterly) with the Youth & Family Committee.
•Work with the Council as required and requested.
•Provide a monthly written report of activities to the Pastor and the Council.
•Serve as a Member/Chairperson for the Youth & Family Committee.
•Develop an annual budget for LCC’s Youth & Family Ministry with the Pastor and the Council.
•Provide a written report for LCC’s annual congregational meeting.
•Annual meetings with the Mutual Ministry Committee (MMC) for LCC Staff
*Pastor position would include all of the above job duties, as well as assisting the
Senior Pastor in various aspects of church ministry.