Menlo Park Presbyterian Church
Position: Director of Children’s Ministry
Department: Children’s Ministry
MPPC is looking for an energetic leader with a heart for seeing kids and their families know and love Jesus better. This position will lead a wonderful team of volunteers and a great church in shepherding the lives of kids at the Mountain View Campus. The
goal of this position is to grow our children and support the parents by creating spiritually formative experiences and providing meaningful discipleship relationships. This position will manage the Children’s Ministry volunteers that minister to kids on the
weekends and during strategic events and programs throughout the year as well as lead volunteer teams that minister to parents.
- Provide visionary leadership and expertise in children’s ministry to our paid and volunteer staff to grow the ministry (including reaching new families) and to grow the souls of those involved in the ministry.
- Develop a comprehensive ministry vision, strategy and operational plan for children and their families
- Advocate for children’s ministry across departments and groups at MPPC
- Collaborate with Children’s Champion and Children’s Directors at all campuses to execute common ministry strategy and to influence the whole church to be family-friendly
- Develop systems to recruit, train and retain 90+ volunteers for the weekend ministry to kids
- Develop strategies and methods that grow the ministry and those involved and manage resources effectively
- Team with partner ministry areas (middle school, high school, missions, worship, etc.) to make MPPC a cohesive community that cares for children and families.
- Design special events to spiritually form children and families (such as annual Vacation Bible School and Trunk or Treat Outreach as well as Seasonal Events; i.e. Christmas and Easter)
- Manage Children’s Ministry for three services each weekend
- Build a culture where volunteers and volunteerism thrives
- Develop and oversee the ministry strategy (e.g. Sunday morning, special needs ministry, events)
Required Gifts and Skills
The ideal candidate for this job will have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a deep knowledge of Scripture and possess a mature faith. This candidate must have a thorough understanding of child development and be able to lead and minister
to parents. This candidate must have demonstrated management and team-building skills with volunteers. This candidate will also have outstanding communication skills. This candidate will have Ministry experience. Full time, salaried position with benefits.