Job Description: Worship Leader
Gate City Vineyard is seeking an innovative, energetic, relational individual to lead our Worship Ministry. In this part-time position you will lead a broad range of volunteer musicians and vocalists—from twenty somethings, to thirty somethings, and even a
couple of 50-somethings.
The ideal person will lead vocally and instrumentally, have a passion for worship, and bring fresh ideas on worship styles- especially within the context of our Vineyard values and ethos. The abilities to lead experienced musicians as well as identify/audition/develop/nurture
artistic talent are key.
We are an active Christian community of 150 people with a lively, intergenerational mix—our ongoing mission is to Engage God, One Another and The World. Our Sunday morning service is a come as you are experience where we desire to connect with God through
song, prayer, teaching and being together. Current music style ranges from a full band to a singular acoustic set, and includes songs from Vineyard, Jesus Culture, Hillsong United, and classic hymns. We want our church to grow, stretch and reach new levels
in worshipping our Saviour.
Candidate should possess:
- A strong and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Stalwart leadership skills
- Servant heart and attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Teachable disposition able to receive direction and correction
- Technically excellent instrumentalist and vocalist able to train other musicians and vocalists
- Ability to engage worshippers through songs, music, and prayer.
- Minimum 2 years worship leading experience in a Congregational setting
The Role: 15 hours per week
This is a key role at Gate City Vineyard that reports directly to and works closely with the Lead Pastor.
1. Responsible for the overall worship experience at Gate City & Events.
- Provide leadership to the band/tech, at event rehearsals, and through song selection.
- Provide oversight to audio visual team for quality worship experience.
- Coordinate maintenance of all Gate City musical and sound equipment.
2. Leading/envisioning the worship team including weekly band rehearsals.
- Recruit, audition and integrate new band members.
- Provide vision casting, team building and pastoral support to worship team.
- Provide musical and spiritual support /encouragement to empower new leaders.
3. Clear administration, communication and organization of Worship at Gate City.
- Manage the system for scheduling band & events (song choices / chord charts, etc...)
- Provide oversight and maintenance for all CCLI/copyright issues.
- Provide clear and responsible management of the worship budget.
This role is a 15 hours a week position. Including 4 Hours on a Sunday, 2 Hours for the midweek evening practice and 9 hours a week for admin, tech, pastoral duties and weekly staff meeting.
Salary based upon experience. Interested applicants send your cover letter,resume and example(cd,dvd,video link) of you leading worship to Pastor Todd Oakley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (336)323-1288