Director of Christian Education
Christian Community Presbyterian Church (CCPC) is a PCUSA congregation that seeks
to worship God, grow in faith and community, and place our gifts in the service of Jesus Christ.
Our caring faith community is seeking a Director of Christian Education (DCE) to oversee all educational ministries (Children, Youth, and Adult) of the church by recognizing, nurturing and empowering volunteers, teachers and leaders as they
seek to help others grow in their faith. We are looking for a dynamic, outgoing person who has a strong relationship with Jesus Christ, is inspired and creative, organized yet flexible and can encourage and motivate others. Team-building is an important skill
as is the ability to communicate through verbal, written and technological methods.
- Plan and coordinate Christian education programming for all ages, including recruitment, training and oversight of volunteers.
- Supervise the children and youth ministry program.
- Coordinate the Outreach Ministry of the church
- Works with the Adult Education Committee to oversee the development and implementation of various adult study groups
- Assists in coordinating the church calendar of activities and Christian education, in partnership with the Pastor, staff, and Session members.
- Excellent knowledge of social media, computer skills, use of other education and marketing technologies
- Ability to work comfortably in a multicultural and multigenerational environment
Church size: 335 confirmed members
$42,000 to $56,490 annual salary based on experience
Contributions toward health insurance, retirement, and continuing education
Must pass criminal and CPS background check
For additional information and full posting information go to http://ccpc.bowiemd.org/
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting open until position is filled.