The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the utilization of Audio/Visual technologies (A/V) for the congregational ministries of Floris UMC in worship services, meetings, weekly events and special events. This position will also
be responsible for the recruitment, development and management of A/V volunteers and staff members who require training in A/V technologies. The A/V Coordinator will relieve the Director of Worship of all administrative burdens associated with A/V technologies
at Floris UMC. This position will also be involved in the acquisition and inclusion of video production into the worship services as directed.
- Oversee all technical related issues before, during and after worship services to include the live stream production.
- Ensure that the A/V needs of classes, small groups and special meetings/events held at Floris throughout the week are met.
- Recruit, train, develop and manage all A/V volunteers, including sound engineers, presenters, videographers, etc., in addition to any staff members who utilize A/V technologies.
- Oversee the up-keep, maintenance, and upgrading of A/V equipment when needed. Create procedures for technical direction and live streaming.
- Develop and manage the annual A/V ministry goals and budget.
- Develop and oversee a process for the provision of A/V support for special events (including weddings and funerals), and other meetings/conferences held at Floris. This should include the protocol for requesting A/V support and contacting, assigning and
managing A/V volunteers.
- Support Floris ministries in the use and production of video content.
- Stay informed and trained in the use of new technologies related to worship services and related events.
- Attend weekly worship planning meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA in Communications, Video Production or related field. Minimum of two years of experience in an A/V related position.
- Proven track record of recruiting, training and managing volunteers.
- Thorough knowledge of and developed skill in maintaining and working with A/V systems, including equipment, live-streaming software (e.g. Wirecast or Adobe Media Flash Live Encoder), recording, digital mixing boards, Aviom hear-back systems or similar systems.
- Knowledge and experience with A/V software (e.g. PowerPoint, Media Shout, Pro-Presenter, Photoshop, etc.)
- Superior customer service orientation, including the ability to interact with congregation and staff in non-technical, clear terms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficient and detail oriented with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to work in a team setting.