Under limited direction, perform advanced, diversified, and confidential secretarial and administrative duties for the superintendent of schools. Position requires exceptional secretarial skills and administrative expertise and the ability to regularly exercise
considerable judgment and discretion in decision-making.
- Must evidence a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstrate consistent progress toward spiritual maturity. This is demonstrated by a consistent involvement in a local church and a commitment to their family.
- Must have an observable commitment to the goals of this ministry and the overall vision of the Living Word Fellowship Church and schools.
- Ability to make independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling work within established guidelines.
- Ability to prioritize workflow for themselves and others to address the multiple needs of chiefs.
- Consistent interpersonal skills conducive to building and maintaining positive relationships.
- Must have demonstrated good administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information.
- Must have an Associate or Bachelor degree in Administration Education or Business Administration.
- Ability to tolerate a moderate level of noise.
- Must have good computer skills in Mircosoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, and Adobe Reader.
- Text-processing experience preferred.
- Assist the front with the answering of the phone.
- Screen incoming calls, provide requested information, record messages, and redirect inquires to the appropriate individual or department.
- Serve as a liaison between executives, managers, and visitors as required.
- Read outgoing correspondence for the superintendent’s approval and alert writers to any conflict with the file or departure from the views of the superintendent.
- Handle a wide assortment of multifaceted situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office that often cannot be brought to the attention of the superintendent.
- Anticipate and prepare materials needed by the superintendent for meetings, conferences, etc.
- Arrange meetings and travel as directed. Establish appointment priorities, reschedule or refuse appointments or invitations. Take and/or prepare meeting notes as required.
- Assess the urgency and importance of assignments and respect the confidential status of each.
- Note commitments made by the superintendent or staff during meetings and arrange the appropriate follow-up actions.
- Maintain library for retrieval/updating of departmental documents.
- Support the Superintendent in the following areas:
- Learn accounting procedures so that the Accountant can have support when necessary.
- Developing the annual budget for departments.
- Prepare various reports and/or analyze reports with recommended actions.
b) Human Resources:
- Research and compile quotes for all health insurances.
- Is a liaison with brokers as needed.
- Maintenance of benefits/records of all times used by employees.
- Work with Superintendent to produce a vacation schedule for all employees.
- Screen resumes for various positions and make recommendations to the superintendent.
- Responsible for all mail outs.
- Establish and implement marketing strategy for all LWCA programs (this includes pre-schools, after school programs and summer programs). Work with the churches marketing department to coordinate school activities.
- Must maintain the web-site so that all the activities of LWCA (this includes pre-schools, after school programs and summer programs) programs are consistently updated or refreshed.
- Develop an attractive newsletter as an effective tool of communication for all the programs of LWCA.
- Ensure effective communication via all mediums to give oversight in conjunction with Building Manager.
- Compose and type routine correspondence.
- Prepare video announcements:
a) Develop, organize, internal marketing process
b) Coordinate with the Television Ministry to help market upcoming events etc.
- Work as the Special Events Coordinator:
a) Arranges space, exhibits, tours, banquets, receptions, and other applicable conference and events activities, as laid out by the event planning form, by coordinating with the facilities department.
b) Establishes timelines for tasks and task delegation to ensure timely cooperation among key ministry departments in executing events.
c) Prepares budgets of conference revenues and expenses which include pre and post analysis of they budgeted and actual amounts.
d) Monitors and prepares reports on revenues and expenditures to ensure cost effective programs.
e) Coordinate the proper handling of special guests for events.
f) Provides on-site coordination which includes problem-solving, decision-making, and interaction with vendors.
g) Communicates regularly with ministry departments on progress and/or needs.
h) Prepares and provides post-activity evaluation data, as appropriate to the objectives of the position; prepares scheduled and special reports as required.
i) Acts as liaison to event participants, handling phone calls, emails, and correspondence.
- Make sure the office décor is kept in a professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Superintendent.
Reports to the pastor or assistant pastor as needed.
DESIRED OUTCOME OF JOB:
- A school that is operating smoothly, ethically and efficiently on a daily basis.
- Resources, financial and capital that are managed well on a daily basis and special events.
- Administration functions as a support team that contributes to the overall ministry of the church.