Sun Valley Community Church began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. At present
Sun Valley has three campuses located in Casa Grande, Gilbert, and Tempe with a total weekend attendance of 5,000 and was recently named by Outreach Magazine as one of the top 10 fastest growing churches in America. The Gilbert Campus is the original and largest campus with over
3,500 in weekly average attendance.
Summary of Position:
The GroupLife Pastor provides leadership and spiritual shepherding for Sun Valley’s Group Ministry. At Sun Valley we believe that life change happens best in the context of friendships centered on God’s Word. GroupLife is at the hub of everything we do. The GroupLife Pastor has the full support of the Lead Pastor from the stage as well as their personal involvement in a Small Group. Present groups are primarily sermon-based, but we also have other segment studies such as Women’s Bible Studies, Men’s Bible Studies, Single’s Groups, and Recovery Groups. The GroupLife Pastor should develop infrastructure for this area that is in keeping with the churches ministry strategies and philosophy. This person will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Sun Valley – authenticity, community and generosity.
The Preferred Candidate:
- Experience leading groups, as well as building and sustaining systems that facilitate over 100 groups
- Strengths in the following areas: leadership, strategy, development, teaching, as well as strong relational abilities and a proven track record of demonstrating these strengths in past and/or current ministry settings.
- Self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet loves to live life with a team.
- A minimum of an earned Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry.
- Full-time experience working in a church of over 2,000.
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Recruit, place, and develop leaders who in turn lead and develop group leaders
- Fully integrate recovery, care and local outreach into the GroupLife model and system
- Move people through the spiritual maturity pathway of Meet, Know, Follow
- Continue a sermon-based philosophy of groups
- Work with and improve existing systems for groups within a multi-site model
- Live what they teach and live life in a group
Participate in annual job performance reviews and evaluations.
Interested parties should email their resume to Linda Penrod at email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Groups PastorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- October 10
Director of Women's Ministry & Community LifeGrace Valley Fellowship
- Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- October 8
Small Groups PastorFox River Christian Church
- Waukesha, Wisconsin
- October 7
Family PastorCrossroads Bible Church
- Bellevue, Washington
- October 6
Sun Valley Community Church
Sun Valley Community Church began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. At present Sun Valley has four campuses located in Casa Grande, East Mesa, Gilbert and Tempe with a total weekend attendance of more than 6,000 and has been named by Outreach Magazine as one of the top 10 fastest growing churches in America.
Sun Valley believes deeply that the role of the Staff is to equip the church to be the church and utilize the gifts of volunteers for ministry.