If you’re a hard worker, passionate about students living out God’s Word and sees the big picture in youth ministry then we might be the place you’re looking for. Christ Fellowship is an interdenominational church in Kingsport, TN whose vision is to equip individuals to be all God designed them to be. Grounded Youth High School Ministry’s goal is to create environments that model Biblical principles and invites young people to actively engage in the lives of others and in their world. We recently split our middle school (6th-8th) and high school (9th-12th) ministries and are currently looking for an inspirational leader that strives for excellence and who can effectively engage high school students, empower volunteers and partner with parents.
A minimum of 2 years experience as a fulltime youth leader.
Can serve on a team and lead a team.
Can connect with students as well as parents and volunteers.
Possess an engaging and motivating personality.
See and administrate the details.
Send in video or audio of teaching.
Before you apply:
1. Visit our website at: www.christfellowship.me and our church app, Christ Fellowship Kingsport to learn more about who we are and what we believe.
2. If you would like to move forward, contact our Executive Director, Gina Hawkins at email@example.com.
Full Job Description
Christ Fellowship Church
High School Youth Director
The role of the Youth Director is to assist the Executive Director and Ministry Director in overseeing the ministry and outreach to high school students. The HS Youth Director will work alongside staff and leaders to carry out key responsibilities.
1. Focused work in Youth Ministry: In accountability to the Executive Director and Ministry Director, the HS Youth Director will develop ministry and outreach to high school students. Responsibilities include:
a) Developing programs, goals, and measures that serve the needs [spiritual, emotional, physical & mental] of students and their families in accordance with the church's vision, mission, and core values. ?
b) Planning and organizing 3 special church-wide events per year: examples are Easter, Family Fun Night, and summer camp.
c) Designing and implementing consistent outreach and social events for students.
d) Creating and developing leadership opportunities for students under the guidance of key adult mentor leaders.
e) Addressing specific needs of students as they arise through one-on-one or small group meetings, visits, or other connections appropriate to the circumstances.
f) Developing environments for students that are supportive and cultivate spritual growth.
g) Serving as a motivating, inspiring and engaging leader to students and parents.
2. Staff Supervision and Development: The High School Youth Director serves as the leader to the volunteers that contribute to Grounded Youth. The HS Youth Director leads, evaluates and mentors the volunteers in the respective roles by doing the following:
a) Communicating the vision of Grounded Youth High to volunteers and parents on a consistent basis.
b) Establishing semi-annual volunteer meetings/appreciation gatherings.
c) Encouraging, uplifting, and pastoring with volunteers on a consistent basis.
d) Coordinating the recruitment, training and scheduling of all volunteers in Grounded Youth.
e) Equipping all volunteers by providing them with the tools necessary for success in each environment.
f) Developing diverse and dynamic teams for all areas of Grounded Youth High Ministry.
g) Participating in monthly creative meetings with key volunteers.
3. Administration: The High School Youth Director will strengthen programs and activities with young people through:
a) Establishing ministry short term and long term goals, vision and measures.
b) Encouraging teamwork, mutual support, leadership and care to volunteers who serve in the department.
c) Meeting with key leaders on a monthly basis to organize and prepare materials for services and distributing those materials to volunteers in a timely manner.
d) Reviewing and selecting materials and educational tools for Grounded Youth Ministry.
e) Consistently managing all props, technology and creative elements of the youth service.
f) Maintaining an accurate inventory of equipment and supplies and purchasing supplies as needed.
g) Responding to communication demands that arise through email, personal interaction, and telephone contacts.
4. Evaluation and Compensation: The HS Youth Director will file weekly reports to the Ministry Director on ministry accomplishments and activities. With the Executive Director’s participation, the Ministry Director will conduct annually performance evaluations and review compensation package.
a) Attend workshops and conferences to stay informed on new and effective ways to implement youth ministry and share such knowledge with others in the church.
b) Attend regular staff meetings and retreats.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
student ministry pastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24