Grace Point Church is a multi-site large church in San Antonio, Texas. Grace Point is looking for an experienced, high level Communications Director to oversee the full Marcom strategy and staff for all campuses. We are in need of a capital "L" leader to
take our organization to the next level in this area.
The Director of Communications/Marketing at Grace Point Church works directly with
the Senior Pastor and the Executive Staff to establish and maintain a high level of excellence
in creativity, internal and external communications, appearance and communications of the vision
and values of the church. They should be a self-starter and a self-feeder, able to grow and manage teams of volunteers.
- Recruit, manage, and invest in paid staff and volunteer teams.
- Build consensus, symmetry, and integration, on and through a team.
- Understand the PR/Agency Marketing model and implement cohesive marketing and communication vision via proven strategy
- Manage all social media channels to assure brand consistency and to attain meaningful metrics
- Research and develop new technologies, media, web, print, production, environments and experiences to better implement the visions and values of the church.
- Design clear courses of action and implement steps with measurable goals
- Oversee Grace Point Church brand consistency in all media, print and video production.
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of marketing and communication strategies.
- Provide quality control for all forms of media communication associated with Grace Point Church.
- Manage and optimize social media accounts as a legitimate venue for marketing and communication.
- Develop and lead a volunteer team to create deliverables to staff and church body that effectively advertise and market different ministries to include all printed media, video and web-based media.
- Develop marketing plans and rules to manage email communications sent to the church body.
- BS/BA degree in a communications/marketing related field.
- 5+ years of prior marketing, advertising, communication or related experience.
- 3+ years in leadership role as Communications Director, Marketing Director or related role.
- Three years experience in fulltime ministry, at least 2 years in a large church
- Must align with the mission, values, and doctrinal statement of Grace Point Church.
Important skills/personal traits
- Self-reliant with an ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Generates new ideas and is a leader of teams more than a "do-er" of details.
- Takes on multiple challenges assignments and succeeds.
- Assertive and motivated for successful ministry.