REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor
RELATES All Pastors, Elders, Leaders, and Volunteers
HOURS: Part-Time – 20 hours per week
OBJECTIVE: The role of the Generation Church (GC) Administrative Assistant is to support the ministers and staff by providing an organized office environment and serve as the first contact to all persons visiting or contacting
the church. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant provides support and back-up assistance to the Bookkeeper.
The Administrative Assistant will operate in two key areas:
1. Administrative [85%]
- Welcome visitors during office hours.
- Maintain and organize reception area.
- Maintain pastor schedules and send communication regarding upcoming meetings and appointments.
- Assist with setting up new database through Church Community Builder and maintain accuracy and update information.
- Order and maintain office supplies and equipment (i.e. copier, postage machine, voicemail, email, computer, telephones, etc.).
- Prepare Monday Reports and distribute.
- Track all attendance numbers for all areas of the church (worship service, children's, youth, etc.)
- Organize and maintain the master church calendar.
- Pick up, distribute and disseminate all mail and correspondence.
- Screen and route all incoming calls.
- Answer mail – correspondence (writing letters), phone calls, etc.
- Check church email and respond.
- Coordinate scheduling for weddings, baptisms, funerals and special services.
- Gather information and prepare monthly newsletters and other routine communications.
- Keep accurate membership records (new members, baptisms, weddings, deaths, etc.).
- Schedule and attend meetings and record minutes as requested.
- File all paperwork and records.
- Prepare new members information packets and coordinate receptions.
- Coordination, reserving, restocking, cleaning and working with San Diego Southern Baptist Association for reimbursement regarding the MET Trailer.
- Coordination with San Diego Southern Baptist Association to execute reimbursement for any approved church planting activities.
- Working directly with the facilities maintenance staff to ensure cleanliness and maintenance of church building both inside and out
- Coordinate staff meetings, lunches, etc.
- Notify all Pastoral Staff of member hospitalizations, deaths, etc.
- Prepare, proof, print, and disburse weekly announcements and service bulletins for all campuses.
- Prepare, proof, print and disburse all special inserts for weekly bulletins.
- Route any/all incoming communications (mail; e-mail; faxes; phone messages) to appropriate staff and lay volunteers.
- Maintain and update all standard forms and ministry literature.
- Key disbursement, monitoring and securing to ensure only approved individuals have access to the facilities and to keep a log of keys checked out and checked in. Maintain master keys.
2. Support to Bookkeeper [15%]
As support and back-up to Bookkeeper:
- Secure evidence of receiving, where appropriate, and proper approvals for all incoming invoices.
- Enter invoices in Quickbooks for payment.
- Maintain detailed records of contributions and gifts using automated software.
- Prepare and maintain an Office Procedures and Reference Manual.
- Maintain petty cash with accurate records and receipts.
- Always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, teaching ability and accountability.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of Excel, Word and Publisher. Familiarity with Quickbooks a plus as well as Church Community Builder.
- Willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends occasionally.
- Be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Always exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Have a non-lackadaisical attitude with the willingness to seek new information, training, and resources as needed.
- Be a self-starter and good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Possess strong administrative skills and the ability to work independently without supervision.
- Able to create an environment that is inviting to people passing through on a daily basis.
- Must be a member or be engaged in becoming a member of Generation Church.
- Demonstrate an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ