The Mission of Gloria Dei is to be and make disciples of Christ, following Jesus' Great Commission. God sets us free in Christ to Gather, Grow, Give and Go, all to the Glory of God.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) position provides oversight and guidance to staff in developing a discipleship and team culture. He/She manages the day-to-day operation of the church. Leads the staff in creating new assignments in the form of strategic goals that are then converted into tactical objectives. Discerns the best methods and procedures for obtaining results. Provides leadership in the implementation of major Church programs, policies, and initiatives that support the mission, vision, objectives and goals of Gloria Dei.
Philosophy of Purpose
This position serves as the "right hand" of the Senior Pastor in providing leadership and direction for the day-to-day operations of ministry at Gloria Dei, both in program and business functions. This person will fully embrace and support the vision, philosophy and goals of the Sr. Pastor. He/She will implement the strategic direction and initiatives as determined through the strategic planning process.
- Coordinate the work of the Church staff and employees in the carrying out of their jobs, including encouraging teamwork and mutual support among the staff and providing leadership to the staff to ensure effective communication and collaboration at all levels.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews and feedback to staff.
- Assist staff in building and training ministry teams as needed.
- Assist staff in their own discipleship with the intent of developing and maturing others in their discipleship.
- Direct the work of the staff in the planning, budget administration, and scheduling of ministry programs and events.
- Together with the Senior Pastor, Business Manager and Budget Committee, oversee the preparation and administration of an annual Financial Plan for Ministry that reflects the visions, goals and objectives of Gloria Dei.
- In conjunction with the Senior Pastor and Church Council, participate in strategic planning and goal setting.
- (If Ordained) Participate in pastoral duties i.e. worship leadership, teaching, preaching - as assigned.
- Attend Council and other leadership meetings at the will of the Senior Pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Lover of Jesus, lover of people
- Committed to growing Christ's church, spiritually and numerically
- Spiritually mature, strong desire to build a discipleship / outreach culture
- Proven relational skills and competence in building and leading healthy teams
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff, leadership and congregation
- Proven ability to resolve and manage conflict
- Administer performance management process, including job description, goals and reviews
- Proven experience in establishing / evolving organizational process and improvement
- Excellent interpersonal communications, public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical techniques
- Discretion, perseverance, patience, and sense of humor; team spirit and genuine
- Reports to Senior Pastor
- Most program directors and/or administrative and business directors report to the COO
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Masters of Divinity (if ordained)
- 10 years of experience in ministry leadership or business leadership
Please submit resumes, with references, to email@example.com
Resumes are being accepted through September 30, 2014
To learn more about Gloria Dei, visit our website at www.gloriadei-sd.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lead PastorThe Vine Community Church
- Clovis, New Mexico
- October 27
Director of AdministrationTrinity Evangelical Free Church
- South Bend, Indiana
- October 27
Executive Pastor (#12140)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA South , Texas
- October 27
Finance ManagerNew Life Community Church
- Peoria, Arizona
- October 25
Executive PastorBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- October 24