Asbury has a dynamic music ministry covering both traditional and modern styles. We are looking for a person with music training and experience plus good administrative skills. The position provides administrative support for both traditional and modern
groups. Musically, most of the work will be with the traditional group.
- Contributes musically and creatively in service design, music ministry planning and coordination of worship details.
- Coordinator of worship ensembles to augment the Traditional worship services.
- Administrative - data management, calendaring, phone duties, financial, emailing and communication.
- Accompanist for ensembles as needed, including choir, orchestra, ASA, modern and youth.
- Library oversight/maintenance managing volunteers who maintain choir and orchestra libraries.
- Musical arranging as necessary.
- Choir/orchestra/modern rehearsal and performance directing as necessary and requested.
- 5+ years of musical and administrative experience in a large, multi-faceted and high-paced ministry environment. Traditional and modern expertise preferred.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Music required (Masters preferred).
- Multiple musical proficiencies (piano, voice, composition, conducting, and arranging).
- Excellent communication skills via telephone, face to face, and writing.
- Familiarity with office systems such as managing files, calendars, scheduling and databases as well as understanding Apple interface required.
- Ease with music writing notation and church music planning/management software required.
- Ability to write/chart music for various musical instruments and voice parts required.