Are you an IT Support Pro looking to use your gifts at a vibrant, thriving church in the St. Louis area? If so, continue reading and then head over to www.wcrossing.org/jobs and poke around at the info there,
This full time position will work under the direction of the TechOps Manager, supporting all facets of The Crossing’s IT infrastructure but focusing primarily on end user support. This includes provisioning new devices, supporting staff’s use of their devices, and maintaining various IT systems across The Crossing’s three campuses.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Support all end users (staff) regarding their computers (primarily laptops), tablets, and peripherals.
- Maintain support requests in the helpdesk application and provide good response time and communication to end users.
- Provision all new computers and devices for end users, with the ability to teach and explain things in an easy-to-understand and non-condescending manner.
- Provision phones for new staff, make adds/changes/moves to existing staff phone extensions and configurations.
- Maintain security camera and video recorder infrastructure.
- Continually work with the TechOps Manager to investigate new technologies, processes, and best practices to ensure technology resources are being used in the most efficient manner.
Essential Position Requirements
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written.)
- Extremely knowledgeable in the deployment, use, and management of both Microsoft Windows (7/8 and Server 2008/2012) and Mac OSX operating systems. (Speaking of… Do you like getting “religious” about which operating system is “better?” If so, you probably won’t like it here. We view computers as tools, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, and have no time for “OS wars” and trying to convince everyone your personal OS of choice is the best.)
- Strong knowledge of MS Active Directory infrastructure, specifically how to create new users/objects, assign passwords, email addresses, file system rights, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (we currently use Office 365/2013/2011) and the ability to teach/help end users with these products on both Windows and OSX.
- Ability to troubleshoot/research all hardware and software issues on end user devices. Work with vendors for warranty repairs.
- Strong knowledge of computer networking… Ethernet switching, IP addressing and routing, LANs/WANs, Cat5e/6/fiber, WIFI, firewalls, VPNs, etc.
Character Traits Needed for This Position:
- Heart for working with people and the patience to deal with their technology issues.
- Teachable, flexible, and a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly.
- Motivated to work without direct supervision, and a desire to always keep learning.
- Discernment and confidentiality. You must have high integrity to work in IT at a church.
- Passion for technology!
- Detail oriented.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 2+ years of practical IT support experience.
All qualified individuals must meet the above job-specific requirements, in addition to the following requirements for all staff members of The Crossing:
- Attend a service on a weekly basis
- Be passionate about The Crossing and a relationship with God
- Baptized as a follower of Christ
- Completion of all vision venues within the first year of employment
- Regard the Bible as God’s final authority in all areas of Christian life and desire to be wholly obedient to it
- Wholeheartedly affirm The Crossing’s Statement of Faith, including our view on baptism
- Live a lifestyle consistent with scriptural principles
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Video ProducerNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Harvest Bible Chapel - Director of WorshipVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sacramento, California
- January 20
Faith Church - Graphic DesignerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sunset Hills, Missouri
- January 20
AVL Technical DirectorMorning Star Church
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- January 20
Audio Engineer / Systems TechnicianThe Ark Church
- Conroe, Texas
- January 19
The Crossing is a mulit-site church, "one church, many locations", with campuses located in and around the St. Louis area. Please visit our website at www.wcrossing.org to learn more about our vision and core values. We require all applicants who wish to be considered for this position to explore our website and watch a podcast(s) of a weekend message. After all, you should get to know us as we get to know you.
If you are interested in a position in our Children or Youth Ministry&rsquo More...