Director/Pastor to Children and Families:
Desert Springs Church in Palm Desert, California is an independent Christian community of up to 900 people in weekly attendance during the winter season. We are seeking a full-time Director/Pastor to lead our Children and Families Ministries.
The specific areas the Director/Pastor of Children’s and Families Ministries provides oversight for include Early Childhood, Elementary, Awana Club, Time for Moms groups and Vacation Bible School.
The ideal candidate will show evidence of a personal faith in Jesus Christ and possess a passion for ministry to children and families, encouraging parents and children alike to grow in their faith and live out genuine, Christ-centered lives.
Additionally, qualified candidates will possess at minimum a Bachelor’s degree, preferably, in education, children’s ministry or a related field from an accredited Bible college, and no less than three years professional ministry experience working directly with children and families.
Additional skills needed for this position include the ability to build and maintain trust and strong bonds of community with our entire congregation, demonstrated abilities in effective planning, organizing, problem-solving and communicating and a passionate call to serve the needs of children and families.
REQUIREMENTS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Professes a deep, personal faith in Jesus Christ that is evidenced by action, attitude and behavior, and committed to a growing relationship with Him as Lord and Savior.
- Embraces and supports the vision and values of Desert Springs Church and incorporates that vision and those values into all programs, events and activities throughout the department.
- Possess strong inter-personal skills with the ability to maintain healthy, Christ-centered relationships with supervisors, staff, volunteers, children and their parents.
- Demonstrates proven leadership skills through a cooperative and collaborative team leadership style.
- Demonstrates proficiency as an administrator, is self-motivated in setting and accomplishing goals and consistently follows through on commitments and obligations.
- Invests adequate thought and foresight to the planning of events and activities with a focus on allowing sufficient time throughout the planning process to meet both objectives and deadlines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides leadership and direction in developing and implementing the vision of the Children’s Ministry, working under the direction of the Lead Pastor and Business Director.
- Establishes Christ-centered relationships and nurtures the faith development of our children and their parents through Christian education, fellowship and spiritual growth programs that lead to salvation.
- Develops and plans programs, events and activities that promote the vision and goals of the Children’s Ministry.
- Provides oversight and coordination for the evaluation, selection and implementation of curriculum.
- Collaborates with other department leads as required to plan and develop events and activities such as Vacation Bible School, holiday musical programs and other specialty events throughout the year.
- Recruits, trains and schedules volunteers for all programs and departments within the Children’s Ministry and coordinates with and manages paid staff to accomplish ministry goals.
- Manages and coordinates proper and timely lines of communication with parents, sub-ordinates, volunteers, church staff and supervisors.
- Plans, manages and delegates as necessary to ensure Sunday morning and Wednesday evening programs are adequately staffed, function smoothly and that problems are handled in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Manages department budget and follows standard procedures for requesting funds for expenditures.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization and safety of all classrooms, storage rooms and common areas in the Children’s Ministry building.
- Attends and participates in church-sponsored events and activities as circumstances allow.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Desert Springs Church offers a unique and challenging work environment, a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an opportunity to make an impact in the lives of children and families.
For those truly interested in this position, please mail your resume to:
Desert Springs Church
Attn: Staff Search
43-435 Monterey Avenue
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Or, if you prefer, email resumes in MS Word or PDF format to
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1
Carmel Baptist Church - Preschool Minister/W.E.E School Head of SchoolVanderbloemen Search Group
- Matthews, North Carolina
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1