Grace Church (egracechurch.com) is a multi-site, United Methodist congregation with four sites (Cape Coral, North Fort Myers, East Fort Myers and downtown Fort Myers) in Lee County Florida.
God’s vision for Grace Church: To partner with God in transforming people from unbelievers to fully devoted disciples of Jesus to the glory of God.
Our three core values at Grace Church:
- We are unashamedly God-centered! The triune God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit – is the One we worship and serve to His glory.
- We are passionately people-focused! People, regardless of their spiritual condition, matter to God and to us.
- We are strategically team-based! We believe ministry is best accomplished in teams of people with diverse gifts and abilities who are bound together with common purpose and covenants of trust.
Our ministry strategy at Grace Church: This is how we attempt to grow people (children, youth and adults) from unbelievers to fully devoted disciples of Jesus:
- Reach Ministries: ministries that engage and invite unchurched people in our community to experience the love of Jesus through the body of Christ.
- Connect Ministries: ministries that help people connect to Jesus and the Grace Church family.
- Form Ministries: ministries that help people have a growing and transforming relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Send Ministries: ministries that release God’s people to make the realities of heaven the realities of earth.
Description: The Director of Youth Ministries is a part time staff position (20 hours per week) at Grace Church, Fort Myers Shores campus. In this position, this person will oversee our vital
and growing youth ministries. In a collaborative environment, the Director of Youth Ministries will partner with the Campus Pastor and other members of the Fort Myers Shores Operational Team for abiding faithfulness to God and maximum fruitfulness for God.
The qualified candidate must have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a servant’s heart, and a teachable spirit.
Essential competencies: Include but are not limited to:
- The ability to discover, develop and deepen Youth Ministry teams.
- The ability to communicate through preaching/teaching and worship what it means to follow Jesus.
- Technical capacities with audio, visual, computers, etc.
- Organizational and administration capacities.
- Aptitude to discover, develop and deepen volunteers.
- Social media skills.
- Serve on the Fort Myers Shores Operational Team led by the Campus Pastor that does the adaptive, problem-solving work for the Fort Myers Shores campus ministries (reach, connect, form, send, age-level, worship and recovery ministries).
- Discover, develop and deepen the Youth Ministry Operational Team including coordination of all aspects of ministry for 6-12 grade students following our disciple-making strategy of reach, connect, form and send.
Education and experience: Desired but not limited to:
- High school diploma required but a bachelor’s degree is desired
- 3-5 years experience leading youth ministry
Salary and benefits commensurate to education and experience.
Interested applicants send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.