Pastor/ Director of Children’s Ministry
We're looking for a creative, energetic servant leader to take our Children's Ministry to new levels of effectiveness in leading kids, families, and extending our influence into our community. Key gifts for this role would be leadership and teaching. We
have just begun using the Orange curriculum, so experience with that would be helpful. This position will be a leader of leaders, equipping, training, and unleashing a team of volunteers to serve kids and their families.
- Reporting to the Lead Pastor and Elders this exempt, full time position shall require the following abilities and talents in order to meet the needs of those served:
- A sincere interest and care for those served by the pastoral staff of First Evangelical Free Church (FEFC) and for the entire ministry of FEFC.
- Agreement with the doctrinal positions of FEFC as expressed in the EFCA Statement of Faith and core church documents (Constitution & Bylaws, Staff Handbook, Financial Policies & Procedures).
- Demonstrated skill in recruiting, overseeing and developing volunteers.
- Ability to work well within a team ministry structure, as evidenced by relationships characterized by Biblical unity and the Fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23).
- Proven ability to share the Gospel and lead children to faith in Jesus Christ.
- The ability to properly speak, read, and write the English language.
- Ability to lead and serve children, families, and volunteers from multiple cultural and ethnic backgrounds as evidenced by sensitivity and effective integration of people from all walks of life into Children’s Ministry, retention of volunteers, and growth
- Evidence a clear love for children and families.
- Provide oversight and coordination of all aspects of CM.
- Implement and communicate the vision, mission, and core values of CM and FEFC.
- Oversee the recruitment, development, evaluation, and involvement of the leaders of CM, including Sunday School, Children’s Church, Wednesday night programs, nursery, AWANA, VBS, and other special programs.
- Oversee the development, evaluation, coordination, and implementation of curriculum used in all CM departments.
- Oversee the preparation of the CM budget annually in conjunction with the Business Manager and Treasurer.
- Set up an effective, comprehensive process for on-going training and development of volunteer teachers and leaders for CM.
- Help develop programs sensitive to children with special needs in order to reach the special needs families in our church and community.
- Oversee the application of the Child Sexual Abuse Prevention policy to all leaders and helpers who are involved in children’s programs.
- Oversee utilization, change, and upgrade of facilities to maximize the creative atmosphere of CM.
- Lead a safe environment of love and acceptance for all children attending FEFC.
- Follow up with guests and children that have been absent.
- Stay current with trends / advances in the field of Children’s Ministry.
- Other duties as assigned.
With the right experience/qualifications, this position could be a Pastor of Children & Families at the Elder level of leadership.
We are part of the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA), and hold to its Statement of Faith. For more about the EFCA, go to
Interested applicants should send their resume detailing relevant ministry experience, education, and training, along with three (3) references to
email@example.com, addressed to Pastor Kirk Albrecht.