Exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing church in Los Angeles! Vintage was planted in 2011 with strong links with Holy Trinity Brompton (London), Bethel and the Vineyard and has a vision to be a ‘word and spirit’ church on mission in the city and
beyond. In just three years, Vintage has grown from just a few people to over 400 across two Sunday services, over 40 of whom are children. Children are at the heart of our community, and we now need a dynamic leader to spearhead our thriving children’s
ministry and outreach to the wider community.
We are seeking to add a Full-Time Children’s Director (birth to 5th grade) to the Vintage Church staff team in December 2014. Responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with the Pastor, to set and cast the vision for Children’s Ministry, and to follow through with strategy and goals to achieve this vision.
- Build a staff and volunteer team and train and manage them for all age groups (birth to 5th grade).
- Build and maintain relationships with parents and families in the church.
- Develop and lead events for families and Children’s Ministry.
- Create all training and operations manuals and oversee all curriculum.
- Implement and ensure compliance with health, safety and legal policies.
- Loves children, joyful and fun demeanor.
- Humble, teachable servant leader.
- Demonstrates a stable, mature Christian walk and a passion for Jesus.
- Experience in and passion for a ‘word and spirit’ church.
- At least 3-5 years significant experience in Children's Ministry in a leadership capacity.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong proactive work ethic and organizational skills.
- Pre-emptive and proactive creative problem solving.
- Passion for excellence and high attention to detail.
General Working Hours
- 40 hours per week (7 hrs of which are Sunday services)
- Must be able to commit to being present at all Sunday services (4 Sundays off per year)
Salary and Start Date
Salary will be competitive; Start Date – January 2015
To apply, please forward your resume with covering letter to Ger Jones, Pastor of Vintage Church (email@example.com).