Northlake Christian ChurchYouth Pastor Job Description
Reports to: The Lead Pastor
Provide leadership of youth ministry that is aligned with the mission and vision of Northlake Christian Church. The Youth Pastor will oversee all areas of youth ministry including paid directors (if applicable) and volunteer staff to accomplish ministry specific programming during Sunday morning service(s) and any midweek programs or events.
Summary of essential job functions:
Specific job requirements include:
- This is a full-time position
- Ensure direction of youth ministry fully supports the mission and vision of Northlake Christian Church to Make Disciples Who Make Disciples
- Assess youth and family’s need and develop programs and activities to meet those needs
- Oversee, organize, recruit and train volunteer and paid staff (if applicable) to accomplish the goals and ministry of the youth department.
- Serve as a motivating, engaging and inspiring teacher to our youth on a regular/weekly basis as part of a larger plan for the spiritual development of youth
- Communicate with parents, children and staff effectively
- Be present on school campuses to meet with students and build relationship with school administrators.
- Attendance at key management related meetings (e.g., Pastoral Staff Meetings)
- Submit annual ministry plan that is in alignment with the vision and direction of Northlake Christian Church.
- Develop youth Life Groups, in coordination with the Life Groups Team, that create a relational environment, have intentional leaders and a reproducible process to make disciples who make disciples.
- Create a team of volunteers to produce quality video communication for the church as a whole.
- Speaking in Sunday services up to 4 times each year or as designated by the Lead Pastor
Job skills and requirements
- The successful candidate must be in a continual growing relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. This relationship should be evident through the testimony of the candidate, as well as their closest relationships
- The successful candidate shall have spiritual gifting (specifically including leadership) that is fully compatible with the above position to develop and manage the annual youth ministry plan.
- The successful candidate must be in agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of Northlake Christian Church, its Mission, and its Vision.
- Demonstrated professional proficiency in computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher
- College level Biblical Studies
- Minimum of 2 years college
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in leading a youth ministry in a church of at least 500 in average Sunday attendance required.
- A commitment to confidentiality of information of the church, staff and the members.
Salary Range: $30-36,000 annually based on experience and education
The primary measure of success of the overall church, of which this position is a part, is the ongoing process of making disciples of Jesus Christ from salvation on toward maturity in Christ. The experience of salvation can occur in Sunday services, Life Groups, and various ministries of the church. Therefore, the passion of seeing people come to Christ must be integrated into all areas of the church.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Youth PastorOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20