The role of the Pastor (or Director) of Creative Arts is to lead worship and oversee all elements of service programming and service presentation for LifePoint. The Pastor (or Director) of Creative Arts will be the primary worship leader, and also work with
staff and volunteers as the overseer of all components of LifePoint’s worship programming, including music, audio, video, lighting, and creative elements.
Responsibilities for Worship and Service Programming:
1. Lead Worship. Serve as the primary worship leader the majority of Sunday worship services in the year, especially on strategic Sundays. Be willing to lead in other environments as necessary.
2. Oversee All Aspects of Worship Services. Oversee all worship, musical, sound, lighting, and video elements for LifePoint's worship services. Oversee all production and creative elements for the church. Identify, invite, mentor, evaluate, lead and pastor
individuals to be a part of the Creative Arts ministry. Lead the production team in brainstorming, scheduling and implementing the worship services. Ensure that content and creativity match, and are planned at an appropriate pace. Oversee the setup and operation
of the adult service(s), including sound, lights and video. Oversee graphics and video, including any possible contracted creative arts work (e.g., graphic design, video production). Ensure that projects are completed on schedule. Through volunteers, oversee
the distribution of audio and video content to LifePoint's website.
3. Develop, Coach, and Pastor the Worship Team. In keeping with Ephesians 4:11-13, develop a worship team, including additional worship leaders that can be mentored. The worship teams and leaders must be fully qualified to serve God by leading LifePoint's worship
services. Ensure that the band is able to play songs with excellence. This includes managing rehearsals. Pastor, coach, and care for all key leaders, including taking them to other worship services, conferences and meetings that will help equip them for the
work of the ministry.
4. Lead the Church's Worship Direction and Strategy within the Church's Overall Vision and Mission. Assist in developing, implementing, and advancing the church's musical direction and strategy. This includes assisting in casting vision, monitoring, and influencing
LifePoint's musical direction and worship experience in light of LifePoint's overall vision, mission, and target demographic. Participate in all Staff team meetings to implement the strategy for the overall direction of the church. Develop and manage the Creative
Arts budget. Ensure that financial procedures are followed in your department. Communicate with other worship pastors and watch other church services to gain insight and develop ways to improve the effectiveness of the worship experience.
1. Strong vocal abilities
2. A vibrant and growing faith in Jesus Christ;
3. Strong ability to lead worship;
4. Strong ability to lead and manage a team;
5. Strong teamwork skills; ability to work cooperatively and jointly with various staff and volunteers;
6. Strong verbal and written communications skills, organizational and multi-tasking skills, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, and detail-oriented; and,
7. Experience with media and worship service software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Suite, Church Planning Center, etc.) preferred but not required.
For consideration, please send resume/CV and portfolio (including video examples) to email@example.com.