The Director of Children’s Ministry will have an emphasis on discipleship for young children and their families. The overall job purpose is to provide a safe and loving environment for children, parents, and volunteer leaders to work together to know God's
love, learn God's Word and have fellowship with God's people.
Trinity is not your typical Reformed Church. Trinity is made up of people from varied backgrounds: Lutheran, Catholic, Methodist, Baptists, and some from the Jewish faith to name a few. Some came here from no church background at all, but have found God
here. Some people of Trinity make their homes here in Brown Deer, but many live in the adjacent communities. Our vision calls for us to reach our families, our friends, and our neighbors, and to bring them into a relationship with Jesus.
- Exhibits a solid, vibrant faith in Jesus Christ
- Is committed to the mission, values and vision of Trinity Community Church
- Ability to maintain utmost level of confidentiality and integrity
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possesses excellent relational skills with children and adults
- Demonstrates knowledge of developmental levels of children
- Possesses aptitude in resourcing, developing, planning and implementation of age and grade appropriate curriculum and activities
- Possesses knowledge and aptitude in management of small and large groups
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to uphold work standards of excellence such as initiative, responsibility, reliability, and creativity
- College degree and preferred minimum of 4-6 years of successful experience in job-related field is preferred
- Willing to become a member of Trinity Community Church
- Oversee Sunday Morning Programming (Sunday Journey), Wednesday Journey, Nursery, Vacation Bible School, and the Christmas Program.
- Coordinate, plan, and lead family events.
- Oversee, recruit, train, support, resource, encourage and pray for volunteers.
- Provide a child friendly environment that is clean, orderly and organized at all times.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets and in tracking income and expenses.
- Purchase, create or order materials and supplies.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Maintain communication and work cooperatively with team members, supervisor and staff.
- Participate in a local area support network of fellow Director of Children’s Ministry.
- Establish a relationship with a professional mentor.
- Submit written report to Consistory once per month.
- Participate in community activities, school events, as necessary and approved.
- Responsible for resourcing, developing, planning and implementation of age and grade appropriate curriculum and activities
- Attends TCC regularly and is willing to become a member.
- All other duties as assigned (e.g. Christmas program)