Mountain View is a fast growing, multicultural church in the far southeast valley of Phoenix, Arizona. Over the past two years Mountain View has doubled in size to it's current average attendance of 1300. Mountain View is a progressive minded Church that believes reaching the unchurched is not a theory but a mandate. Because of this commitment we have seen almost 300 people baptized the last few years!
Our purpose statement is "Celebrating Jesus and Helping Families Win". We believe that our Savior is not dead but alive, therefore, everything we do is in the spirit of celebration. We love to celebrate and have a good time!
We also believe it is our job to be both Biblically accurate and culturally relevant. We will not compromise the truth of God’s word for relevancy but we do believe that the church should deliver the timeless message in a timely way. Our content is always useful and always helpful.
With the current growth trend of our church we have recently split our Student Ministries into two categories, Junior High (6-8th grade) and High School (9-12th grade). We are searching for a High School Director who is not afraid of working hard, developing leaders, reaching unchurched students in our area, and leading a large group environment. The High School Director must have a big “vision” to not only grow our department spiritually but also numerically.
Our vision is to turn our current 500 seat Worship Center into the full time Student Center within the next few years. The church leadership believes our students are the future leaders of our church. We are committed to investing in our students and providing them an irresistible, exciting environment. Students are not a liability, but a tremendous asset! The Student Ministry has 100% support of the church and its leadership.
We make no apologies: Mountain View is seeking a movement of God and desires to be one of the churches God uses to change the world! Why not and why not you!
Below is a Job Description and the Core Values of Mountain View Church.
TITLE: High School Director
I REPORT TO: Executive Pastor
REPORTING TO ME: HS Volunteers
The primary purpose of the High School Director is to win all High School Students to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth; to train them to serve Christ with their life, and create a passion within them to win their peers to Christ. Of equal importance is to assist parents in raising their teenagers to a wholesome Christian maturity.
STUDENT MINISTRY WINS
- Create an irresistible environment in which our teens experience God and learn the Bible in a useful, relevant, and helpful way.
- Create within students a strong passion to see their unchurched peers reached for Jesus.
- Discover, develop, and use their gifts/talents in the local church.
- Strong sense of purpose to serve the Lord through missions.
- Create a safe and fun environment where all students can be accepted, loved, and honest with who God created them to be.
- Teach in a way that students develop a strong appreciation for the Word of God.
- Prepare our students for the next stage of life by teaching them what it first means to be an honorable child, respectful spouse, and eventually loving parent.
- Host fun activities where our teens can experience good, clean Christian fun. (Activities, Camps, Mission Trips, etc.)
- Instill a desire within them to keep themselves pure.
Celebrate Jesus Help Students Win
- Must be a born again believer with a maturing relationship with Christ.
- Must be in full support of the church’s vision.
- Must show a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in 1Tim. 3.
- Must demonstrate a genuine love and maintain a good rapport with students.
- Must be sensitive to needs and pressures of teens with a knowledge of possible solutions.
- Must be able to teach, train, and disciple teen workers.
- Must be able to exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker.
- Must possess organizational and administration abilities.
- Must be able to respond to changing needs throughout the daily and weekly schedule.
- Must have passion to see Student Ministry Department grow spiritually as well as numerically.
- Must have desire to be a part of a large church that desires to see its community won for Christ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in worship service when requested.
- Attend events of church as time allows. (Must attend one service per weekend)
- Continue growth and development through conferences, reading, and exchange of ideas.
- Serve as primary leader and communicator for weekend High School service.
- Plan and lead mid week service in coordination with Jr. High director.
- Equip, recruit, train, and lead adults to assist in reaching students for Christ.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate at least 4 group events per year. These would be in addition to Summer Camps, Mission Trips, etc.
- Develop a feeder system from each age grouping for their next step at MV.
- Develop student and young adult leadership teams with the opportunity to serve in the local community, nation and world.
- Provide oversight of senior high students and staff.
- Be acquainted with personal lives of the young people (either directly or through the "Volunteer Staff"). For example, visit homes, attend school events, and extra-curricular activities. This also includes being aware of current youth development and culture.
- Foster open communication with parents/guardians.
- Assure every activity focuses on building mature students of the church.
- Assure regular involvement of youth in overall vision of church.
- Assures proper care of facilities used by youth programs.
- Maintain the teaching synergy created by our Children’s Department.
- Maintain effective leadership for each level.
- Provide formal (structured) and informal (by example) training.
- Maintain frequent communication, encouragement and evaluation to the youth staff. As the coach, create a team atmosphere.
- Oversee the identification of students with leadership potential and assure opportunities are given for development.
- Evaluate and make recommendations concerning teaching materials and methods used in all of the student programs.
- Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced program throughout the year coordinated with the church calendar of events.
- Provide oversight to the management of this ministry, including budgets, reporting, safety, etc.
- Assure responsibilities for all events are delegated and understood by staff and students.
- Pre-schedule all activities in their entirety, including post-activity plans. Publish same to staff, parents, and students in a timely fashion.
- With the input and support of the entire student ministry team, establish and maintain a philosophy of ministry and annual goals.
- Attend weekly meeting with all staff.
- Review and discuss annual job performance evaluation.
- Present vacation request to the Office Manager at least one month in advance.
- Assist pastoral staff in management in the day to day operations of the church.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Adhere to the MV Staff Handbook
Great attitude and the proper perspective of ministry.
Excellence and professionalism in everything. Excellence is defined through these four areas.
- Environment (Irresistible).
- Efficiency (Organization).
- Effectiveness (Purpose).
- Excitement (Passion).
This is a full-time ministry position. We do allow a flexible work schedule. Office hours may be set by employee, but must be communicated and agreed upon by Executive Pastor.
Competitive Salary + Benefits (Plus Paid Holidays)
2 weeks vacation (Additional time is subject to Executive Pastors approval)
OUR 12 CORE VALUES
1. We are Biblically accurate and culturally relevant.
We teach the Bible in a way that is both useful and helpful. If it is not useful, it is not helpful.
2. We teach with passion and humility.
We are passionate about what we believe and that comes across in our teaching.
3. We value simplicity over complexity.
We give up many good things for a few great things. We are an aircraft carrier on a mission not a cruise ship on a joyride.
4. We lead the way in generosity.
We go above and beyond to give sacrificially to the work of God in our community, nation, and world.
5. We are fishers of men not keepers of the aquarium.
We do not cater to the personal preferences of a few in our desire to reach the many.
6. We value unity over uniformity.
Uniformity says you must look like us, talk like us, and act like us to be one of us. Unity says we overlook our differences to achieve the vision God has given us.
7. We value family as the most important institution on earth.
Marriage between a male and female was the first institution designed by God. Therefore, it will be of first importance to us. We will not grow the church at the expense of your family.
8. We are a place where grace and truth meet.
All people are welcome here and all people will hear the truth here. Grace shouldn’t dumb down sin and truth shouldn’t isolate people from God. We give a full dose of both.
9. We are a people of bold faith.
We do what God wants us to do when He wants us to do it. We risk it all for Jesus.
10. We celebrate life together.
Jesus came to give us an abundant life and we believe Him. In everything we do, we celebrate. Good times are not optional.
11. To reach all generations, we use every creative and innovative method available.
God is the author of all creativity and innovation. We are married to the mission of reaching people, but dating the model in how we achieve it.
12. Our number one desire is to be a place where God shows up and shows off!
More of Him and less of us!
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's & Student MinistriesFour Mile Presbyterian Church
- Beaver, Pennsylvania
- December 9
Pastor to Students and their FamiliesFirst Baptist Church
- Boerne, Texas
- December 8
Campus Student Ministry AssociateWestwood Community Church
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- December 8
Campus Student Ministries Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8
Children's PastorChurch In The Son
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8