Due to expansion at Scottsdale Bible Church (SBC), there is a need for a talented Video and Lighting Director to help propel the weekend experience to the next level as a part of SBC’s Production team. SBC has a strong tradition of valuing a robust worship
experience as an integral part of the overarching strategy for growth and evangelism. The Video and Lighting Director is responsible for implementing a growing vision for the Production Department that supports the broader vision of the church, while developing
volunteers, and leveraging other resources necessary to support that vision. Scottsdale Bible Church and the Video Production Department operate out of its central campus on Shea Boulevard in Scottsdale. Currently, there are more than 45 volunteers actively
involved in SBC's Production Ministry. SBC and the Production Director place a high emphasis on relationships. As such, all Production team members are committed to one another and function as a team as they develop volunteers, strategize effectiveness of
technology, and develop and study new techniques to best serve the worship experience and teaching ministry of Scottsdale Bible Church. The VL Director must be able to lead, train, and direct volunteers in a positive and encouraging manner and have the ability
to be a dynamic team builder. This position would also be able to serve the weekend experience as an Associate Producer.
Reports to: Production Director
• Provide oversight and consistency in video mixing for all services
• Responsible for documentation, signal flow and transmission of time-slipped video stream to all multisite campuses.
• Build and lead the video team and its disciples as follows: supervise, recruit, train, schedule, evaluate, build relationships, etc.
• Manage/produce video, lighting, and stage technology for all services, events, and online mediums at all venues and supported activities.
• Oversees archive, storage, and conversion/compression of all video assets.
• Work with the Production Director to provide vision and oversight to the video ministry.
• Maintain equipment, arrange for repairs as necessary and provide recommendations on any needed upgrades.
• Oversee proper inventories of supplies.
• Ensure video support is always present when needed and consistent with quality control.
• Manage/perform installation of video equipment for any new venue or campus
Lighting Director & Stage/Set Designer
• Lighting programming of weekend services through setups, design, lighting hangs, etc.
• Experience in rigging designs.
• Train and schedule volunteers for light console operation.
• Develop stage designs with creative team.
• Recruit and train volunteers for construction and implementation.
• Possess a complete understanding of video broadcast and professional standards of excellence.
• Formal training and/or significant experience in operating live production equipment.
• Dependable, consistent, leader-analyst who professionally promotes good communication within Scottsdale Bible Church and presents a positive image of the church to the community.
• Experience developing and managing video and lighting ministries for large, growing churches.
• Experience recruiting, building, and training a team.
• Experience planning and producing video and lighting for live worship and events of various styles/sizes.
• Experience planning, producing, and recording video for online mediums.
• Experience producing video projects.
• Broad understanding of current video and lighting technologies, operations and installation.
• Ability to work with worship and arts leaders, sensitive to their needs and expectations.
• Ability to work in a changing, fast-paced environment, while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Ability to make decisions during time-sensitive, live productions.
• Ability to work in a team environment with other ministry leaders – active contributor during production sessions, creative thinker in planning for worship/special events, collaborative leader during disciple training.
• Knows the difference between 32k and 56k (and we are not talking about money here)
• Consistently strives for excellence
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency
• Team Player
• Fully committed follower of Christ; beliefs consistent with SBC’s statement of faith.
• Lives a life that is consistent with SBC’s employee values (Spiritual Maturity, Servant Leadership, Service Empowerment, Team Player and Stewardship Focused).
• Heart-driven passion for the family and spiritually healthy relationships/marriage.
• Demonstrated relational skills: high value of people; aspires to serve others; fosters a healthy and amiable spiritual environment; approachable and accessible; works well with others; appreciation for own and other’s giftedness; possess a healthy sense
• Integrity of work habits and results; able to discern needs and respond appropriately; able to maintain a high degree of professionalism and accuracy; good written and verbal communication skills; desire for individual & professional growth; able to
shift focus quickly from one project to another and multi-task; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude; takes initiative; ability to handle confidential information; change agent; proven ability to work collaboratively with others and in team environments;
proven ability to successfully manage others and be accountable for the work results of others.
• Flexible; ability to work in a multi-faceted environment with little supervision; personable in working with staff and volunteers; sense of humor; ability to forecast as well as attend to weekly details; adjustable schedule to be able to work with volunteers
and setup for productions and events
ABOUT OUR CITY
The city of Scottsdale is an exciting and dynamic community that has matured since its incorporation in 1951, into the sophisticated and cultured southwestern city of today. The city continues to grow each year and has nearly doubled in population since
1990, which now is approximately 250,000. Scottsdale also boasts a highly-educated population with over 50% having at least a Bachelors degree, significantly higher than the state or national averages. This is truly a location where economic prosperity and
lifestyle converge. Scottsdale is set in the lush Sonoran Desert where its sunny skies and idyllic weather make experiencing the beauty of the desert a breeze.
Submit resume, cover letter and links to any type of portfolio/reel that you have to HR@scottsdalebible.com & email@example.com