Pastor of Growth Groups and Teaching Pastor:
Are you called to serve in New York City?
The Journey is a contemporary 12-year-old church in New York City. The position of full-time Growth Groups Pastor and Teaching Pastor is currently available at our Manhattan campus (we also have campuses in, Boca Raton, San Francisco, Queens and Staten Island).
The Journey Church consistently has over 1,000 adults attending weekend services, currently has over 1,100 in groups and expects continued growth.
Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers, seeing people get connected in the church and challenging them to grow in their faith?
Are you interested in expanding an already healthy Growth Group ministry that sees over 100% of our average Sunday attendance sign up for a group every semester?
Are you a gifted teacher who can adapt to our teaching style and add strength to our teaching team?
Can you work with our team to increase the number of groups every semester (approximately 60 just in Manhattan) as well as the number of leaders that serve each semester (approximately 100)?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
This is not a pastoral care position, but an Executive Staff Position that is compensated appropriately. This is an equipping position to make a difference with the best and the brightest from around the world that make up the Journey Church in NYC.
- Leadership, growth and innovation of The Journey’s semester-based small groups ministry.
- Requires the ability to lead teams effectively and to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate. Also, organizational and administrative skills are a must.
- The ability to teach on Sundays and contribute to The Journey's teaching team as well as the ability to work well with and lead staff.
- Must be extremely hard working and have had leadership experience on a large or growing church staff.
- Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
- A Solid Calling to New York City
- The ability to manage a large and growing Growth Groups system
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to teach, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- Experience in a large/growing church
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for discipleship and not letting anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Experience in a church of 500 or more is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree or greater preferred
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Have you read the book “Activate: An Entirely New Approach to Small Groups” by Journey pastors Nelson Searcy and Kerrick Thomas? Have you read “Fusion: Turning First Time Guests into Fully Engaged Members? And are you familiar with the semester-based model of small group ministry?
(3) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to New York City?
(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
*Also – if you have a recent video/audio of you teaching in front of a group (large or small) – please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Life Group Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Groups PastorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Wear Love PastorEastLake Tri-Cities Community Church
- Richland, Washington
- October 17
Middle School DirectorSummit View Church
- Vancouver, Washington
- October 13
School of Ministry DirectorFirst Church of the Open Bible
- Des Moines, Iowa
- October 12