This position will be a hybrid role with the expectation being Discipleship 60% and Student Ministry 40%. This position will also engage in relational pastoral ministry alongside the Lead Pastor as required, requested and gifted.
Discipleship: With the purpose of shaping environments that will allow people to grow in their relationship with Christ (Deeper) and with others (Stronger) this person will create and maintain systems, train and equip leaders and align next steps for the people of Temple Baptist Church. We believe the primary vehicle for this growth is and will be small groups.
Student Ministry: With the purpose of shaping environments that will allow students to grow in their relationship with Christ (Deeper) and others (Stronger) this person will relationally engage students, equip and empower leaders and support families.
We are looking at hiring to the following criteria: Character. Culture. Competency.
- Disciple: Has a personal, growing relationship with Jesus.
- Christ-like: Bears fruit in the core values of a disciple of Jesus that manifests itself in a Christ-like lifestyle. These values include love, service, humility and discernment.
- Integrity: Shows dynamic determination to complete tasks, hard and easy, seen and unseen, always aiming at excellence.
- Leader: Demonstrates the maturity to be a highly functioning contributor at various levels of leadership, responsibility and relationships.
- Flexible: Illustrates a high emotional ability to function within a team environment of change, feedback and evaluation.
- Teachable: Has the ability to build into others and be built into by others.
- Humorous: Has the ability to laugh with others and at himself.
- Team-player: Must be able to champion the Deeper. Stronger. Greater. philosophy of ministry and trajectory put forward by the leadership of Temple Baptist.
- Coach: Can only do ministry by equipping people (aka teams) for and into ministry.
- Strategic: Can’t help but think in systems, environments and next steps when it comes to the discipleship journey of people.
- Evaluative: Desires continual feedback through evaluation processes in order to make himself, teams, experiences and systems more effective.
- Unity: Can speak his mind and thoughts clearly and openly within the right context and still champion a decision that may be differing to those thoughts.
- Servant: leadership style is grounded in serving others.
- Funner: Have fun, work hard and did we mention a sense of humor is definitely required?
- Minimum BA or BS required: theological training highly preferred
- Proven experience in ministry leadership
- Proven experience in equipping, empowering and leading teams
- Proven experience in building purposeful and simple systems, environments, philosophies and next steps in a ministry context
- Proven experience relating to students and parents in a ministry setting
- Effective teaching/preaching experience in large groups/congregational level
- Ability to relate to people authentically
- Build teams and delegate leadership
- Cast vision effectively in varying environments with measurable results
- Build simple and clear systems, environments and discipleship next steps for the purpose of moving people in their journey with Christ
- Capability to self-regulate and self-motivate
- Aptitude to work with scripture in hermeneutic confidence and relate that truth in relevant and engaging ways
- Gifting in preaching/teaching creatively for the purpose of change
- Capacity to relationally engage students in various settings and situations
- Can leap small Lego structures in a single bound…and nail the landing!
- Concise and effective communicator in various forms: verbal, written, etcha-sketch, etc
- Sense of humor
Applicants need to send the following to email@example.com (do not apply through this website!)
- Links to preaching samples
- Completed Initial Questionnaire (can be found at www.temple-baptist.com/employment)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's & Student MinistriesFour Mile Presbyterian Church
- Beaver, Pennsylvania
- December 9
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
Pastor to Students and their FamiliesFirst Baptist Church
- Boerne, Texas
- December 8
Campus Student Ministry AssociateWestwood Community Church
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- December 8
Campus Student Ministries Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8