Gateway Baptist Church, located just outside of Columbia, SC is a contemporary church seeking to hire a Full-Time Media & Arts Director. The Media & Arts Director will oversee the technical and creative media needs of the church including audio, video, lighting, video production and graphic design. While this position will oversee each of these media areas we are looking for someone who’s main strengths are in the area of video production and graphic design. The Media & Arts Director will work with the Worship & Arts Pastor to create a quality worship environment that is both exciting and innovative while remaining true to the culture and community of Gateway Baptist Church.
The Media & Arts Director will also work with other ministry areas within the church to help ensure a consistent level of quality and continuity to all video, web and print media.
Though largely technical, the greater purpose of this position is that it serves to effectively “tell the story”. Whether it’s through providing high quality sound and lighting for Sunday morning worship services or producing a video that creatively communicates the changed life of an individual or ensuring that Gateway’s ministry and missions opportunities are properly communicated through the website and social media, all of these essentially help achieve this greater purpose.
The ideal applicant will have several years of technical media and design experience. Communications or related media and arts degree is preferred. Must be physically able to lift 50 lbs and must be confident with climbing a ladder.
Required Technical Experience and Skills
- Extensive experience in Video Production- (developing script, storyboard,
good knowledge of digital (DSLR) video and necessary equipment, post-production process, etc.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Applications (Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc)
Audio / Video / Lighting:
- Experience mixing sound in a live environment
- Experience working with digital audio consoles
- General working knowledge of stage/ theatrical lighting
- Proficient in ProPresenter presentation software
Graphic / Web Design:
- Must have experience creating and editing graphics to be used for promotion of ministry events and other
- Must be able to maintain/ update the church website
Aside from the areas of responsibility already mentioned here are a few examples of further expectations that will be required of this position
- · Upload previous Sundays’ message to website the following day.
- · Keep sound booth, and equipment storage areas neat and organized
- · Ensure that all technical preparation for Sunday morning is done prior to Sunday
- · Lead Sunday morning tech/production meeting
- · Ensure excellence in weekend worship gatherings with regards to technical needs
- · Volunteer recruitment, scheduling, training and management of media volunteers.
- · Maintain all audio/video/lighting equipment used at Gateway BC
- · Collaborate with the Worship & Arts Pastor to design and build new stage designs for the main Worship Center
- · Work within the financial guidelines of the Media/Equipment budget.
- ·Attend weekly staff meetings
*All applicants should provide examples of their work along with their resume.(i.e. graphic design, video, photography, etc.)
This position is an exciting opportunity for someone seeking to work hard, think creatively, and use their passions and skills to further the Kingdom through the local church. Gateway is very healthy and established church full of incredible people and a wonderful staff. God has really been doing amazing things here and the church is excited about what He is going to do next!
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- December 5
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Tech DirectorCalvary Chapel Oceanside
- Oceanside, California
- December 1
Gateway began as a vision of the Eau Claire Baptist Church. Their vision was to reach the fast growing Dutch Fork and Irmo community for Christ. The vision nearly died when the pastor of Eau Claire resigned. But God had birthed the vision in the hearts of the people and they were determined to be faithful to God’s calling. Gateway is thankful for their faith, courage and daring spirit. They were willing to believe and trust God! Pastor Don Brock was called as pastor of Gateway in August, 1992. God continued to bless the church as we made new d More...