The Director of Worship Arts at Open Door's Avon Lake Campus is someone who is able to express their bold obsession with God in creative, energetic, but humble guitar-driven worship that others find compelling and contagious. They are intentional about leading
themselves and others to become more like Christ through passionate, surrendered worship leading. They understand the dynamic of prayerfully leading effective corporate worship times and do so with creativity and passion. They thrive in a team environment,
are able to envision, energize and develop leaders to also lead in our multiplying campsus with relavant expressions of worship, and are fiercely committed to develop teams that practice excellence in design and production.
We are a well established church that is known throughout our region with a growing, average weekly attendance of over 1,500. Our Sunday services include multiple campuses that are casual, energetic, and intentionally designed to help people encounter God
through biblical teaching, creativity and worship. We are an evangelical, Spirit-filled, Spirit-led congregation that is best described by the term “empowered evangelical.” We seek to strike a balance that expresses our deep roots of historic,
evangelical Christianity in Spirit-empowered, dynamic, contemporary formats. While not considered a “charismatic” church, there is an energetic, exciting sense of the presence of the Spirit in our worship. We are a strong biblically
rooted church, but there is no stuffy, dead orthodoxy. We are not a seeker-focused church where few know how to worship and the majority end up spectating. Rather, the majority of our people are hungry to encounter God and express their worship to him. However
we are seeker-sensitive and desire that our expressions of worship be inviting and contagious, not strange and exclusive. You will find a congregation that includes the range of clapping, joyful singing, hands raised in praise or surrender alongside of more
quiet, reserved but engaged worshippers peppered with a few dignified, solemn participants. We utilize a full band each week and have several bands/teams that play on a rotating basis.
- Lead creative, energetic, but humble guitar-driven worship that others find compelling and contagious worship on weekly basis.
- Lead worship team rehearsals.
- Facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
- Recruit, develop, and mentor volunteer instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Recruit, develop, and mentor volunteer worship leaders.
- Lead the formation of worship teams that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all musicians and vocalists.
- Participate on the Service Design Team for weekly planning and production of thematically integrated services.
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
- Work with Sr. Director of Worship Arts to create environmental designs that support weekend services.
- Help develop annual ministry plans and budget for your campus.
- Continued honing of musical proficiency.
- Work with Student Ministries department to develope next generation worship leaders and student ministry worship teams.
- Provide basic project management for Worship Arts Department.
- Willing to serve as needed in other areas of ministry.