Please send resume and 3 references to apply. 150 member church is looking for a candidate to lead our college, high school, & middle school ministries. Hours are flexible although Sunday morning are required. 20 hrs p/wk at $10 p/hr to start.
The Director of Youth Ministry is to provide Christ-like leadership for the youth ministry of the church for 6th grade through college-aged adults. She/he will oversee all ministries targeting young adults, high school, & middle school students.
The person God is choosing for us will have the primary responsibility over youth and young adults. The Youth Director is directly accountable to the Pastor and Elder for Student Ministries. All issues relative to employment will be coordinated with and overseen
by the Administrative Team.
1. Envision, create, and lead a comprehensive program of education and discipleship for 6th grade through college age students. Each age appropriate program must consist of weekly discipleship, outreach, fellowship, and worship components. (Examples include:
Sunday School for discipleship, youth group night for outreach and fellowship.)
2. Supervise and motivate college and teenage ministry areas and staff in the area of education and discipleship.
3. Recruit, background check, and train interns and volunteers to provide adequate leadership and participation in all aspects of student ministry.
4. Develop an annual comprehensive ministry plan with measurable goals.
5. Be available to assist in worship as needed, including the ability to preach in an emergency.
1. Recruit, train, guide, and supervise the leader/intern over college ministries weekly programming. This includes selecting the materials/curriculum to be taught and learned authorized by pastor and elder.
2. Plan, organize, and supervise at least two events a year.
3. Assist the college ministry by building relationships with college students and growing the program.
4. Delegate or deliver college ministry info for announcements, bulletins, newsletters, and website.
5. Help bridge the gap between students leaving the youth ministry and drifting away from the church during their college years.
High School& Middle School Ministry:
1. Recruit, train, guide, and supervise the two leaders/interns over high school & middle school ministries weekly programming. This includes selecting the materials/curriculum to be taught and learned authorized by pastor and elder.
2. Plan, organize, and supervise at least one event per month and two big trips per year.
3. Assist the youth ministry by building relationships with students and growing both programs.
4. Delegate or deliver youth ministry info for announcements, bulletins, newsletters, and website.
5. Help bridge the gap between students leaving middle school and entering high school.
6. Plan, organize and supervise Youth Sunday twice a year.
7. Plan fund-raisers as needed.
8. Maintain adequate communication with parents of youth.
9. Develop a student leadership program for high school students.
10. Lead an annual mission trip for teenagers.
11. Plan and teach confirmation.
12. Develop a strategy to reach the middle school student that walk across church property after school.