HTC is seeking an Assistant Pastor to join their small, energetic team. The Assistant Pastor will have a varied role and will support the Lead Pastors in all they do, including but not limited to the following:
- Help facilitate the development and delivery of HTC’s teaching program across all aspects of church life (Small Groups, Sunday services, Trinity Kids, Youth, Bible Study, Respond, Alpha)
- Intentional pastoral support to congregation members
- Identify gifting and mobilizing volunteers across different functions of the church
- Support Sunday and special services as required
- Oversight of HTC’s Small Groups
- Prepare and deliver talks for Alpha and Sunday Services as needed
- Participate in and help lead at regular events, including weekends and evenings. For example, Alpha, The Marriage Course, Leader’s Training.
- Admin to support the above functions
The ideal candidate will be driven, humble, and hungry to learn. They will work collaboratively with the team and complete tasks that are unglamorous. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in a setting committed to sharing the
gospel, building community and strategically developing ministry. It would be advantageous to have formal education, likely a Bachelor’s degree and/or an advanced degree in biblical studies or seminary training.
HTC is a young non-denominational church and a place where people of all backgrounds and beliefs gather to learn the gospel and discuss Jesus. As a small local church, we feel honored to play our part in what God is doing in and through all the churches
in the McLean and Greater Washington area.
Our ethos is to be grateful, gracious and professional in all we do. It is an exciting and challenging place to work and is full of variety; a 'can do' environment where innovation and creativity is encouraged. If you are keen to progress your career with
us, please send your covering letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!