Overall purpose and need
At Calvary Community Church we exist to make more and maturing disciples of Jesus Christ. The role of Worship Pastor is to work alongside the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, staff, and Council of Elders, to pastor and lead the people God has placed in our
This will take multiple forms in Gospel proclamation through worship leading and teaching, church-wide carrying forth of the vision of worship ministries, shepherding worship volunteer leaders, as well as all of the common pastoral responsibilities. He will
be a critical leader in building structures, systems, and organization that will provide the foundation for serving those God has brought to our family, and looking to serve those who God may bring to Calvary through the area of worship ministries. This person
would be musically sound, strong in evaluating the landscape of worship leading, and knowing what pieces need to fit for Calvary to worship effectively, with a heart for God. He would need to be willing to grow in the understanding of leading the church in
our worship services and development of liturgy through books, ongoing education, and collaboration with other worship pastors/pastors.
Finally, this person must be a disciple-maker. Fulfilling our purpose of making more and maturing disciples of Jesus Christ is necessary to be a follower of Jesus, much less a pastor and leader in the church. If our people do not see pastors living in obedience
to Jesus, we give them reason to live outside this mission as well.
Responsibilities and Expectations of the Worship Pastor
Creating and maintaining our priorities and processes. This includes sending and receiving communication between worship team; development of other (volunteer) worship leaders; scheduling all participants involved in Sunday worship; ensuring equipment is
set up and ready, including lyric slides; making sure all charts are correct and waiting for every player and leader when rehearsal begins. The worship pastor will also oversee all slide operators and sound techs, the development and scheduling of these positions;
ensure the sermon is edited and posted online each week; maintain a worship budget.
The worship pastor will be responsible in teaching the volunteer worship leaders how to lead both music and a team of volunteers. This includes helping them with conflict, rehearsing a band, correcting and encouraging volunteers, choosing keys…and crossing
other bridges together when we get to them.
Qualities & Experience
- Experiences a personal and vital relationship with God through Jesus Christ by his Spirit.
- Dedicated to reading, studying, meditating, memorizing, and obeying the Word of God.
- Committed to daily communion with God through prayer.
- Received a four year degree in the area of music.
- Has received Biblical and theological training. A graduate level degree is preferred.
- Agrees wholeheartedly with the vision, values, theology, and philosophy of ministry of Calvary Community Church and is, or will become, a covenant member of the church.
- Has attained a level of experience and “success” in doing ministry.
- Has a good sense of humor (doesn’t take himself too seriously).
- Shown to have emotional and relational maturity (good standing in Christian and non-Christian community).
- Works well with a team.