The primary role of the Worship Pastor at Cape Christian is to worship God and lead others in pursuit of Him, trough creativity in music. The worship pastor is responsible for training and shepherding musicians/vocalists and overseeing the worship portion of
services, including musical selection and arrangements.
CHARACTERISTICS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Love the Lord Jesus.
- Have a passion for worship and a vibrant prayer life.
- Possess a vision for worship and the ability to express that vision.
- Have pastoral heart for mentoring and developing worship leadership and gifts in others.
- Possess pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and cultural awareness.
- Lead or attend a Community Group.
- A Leader of Leaders
- Exemplify the church’s values and uphold the staff policies.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated musical skill and theological discernment.
- Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality and trust regarding leader and member information.
- Ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- A strong gift for leadership and a proven track record of developing leaders of leaders.
- At least 1 year of biblical & ministry education at the collegiate level preferred, though not absolutely necessary.
- Ability to lead worship while playing an instrument.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee leading worship for weekend and midweek services
- Select songs and arrangements for weekend and midweek services.
- Attend/Lead weekly service planning.
- Collaborate with other leaders to carry out the overall vision of corporate worship.
- Lead worship for special events (Good Friday, Advent, Special Events, etc.)
- Recruit, train, organize, and shepherd music and production volunteers.
- Participate in songwriting, arranging, and recording.
- Oversee copyright compliance.
- Maintain accountability for the worship philosophy, vision, and culture of each service by providing prayer support, credible feedback and mentoring, where needed, to creative arts team.
- Identify and attend with others, as appropriate, seminars and conferences on worship leadership.
Please submit your resume (including references) along with at least one link to a video of you leading worship (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) to email@example.com