Who We Are
Baytown’s First Baptist is a thriving and diverse community of real people experiencing real life together. Our mission is based on the Great Commission and the Great Commandment: to love Jesus and to share His love with others.
We are committed to developing a church culture that:
1. Learns continuously (2 Timothy 2:15)
2. Prays expectantly (1 John 5:14-15)
3. Creates joyfully (Matthew 13:34)
4. Invests Fully (Luke 16:13)
5. Removes Negativity (Philippians 4:8-9)
6. Takes Responsibility (Proverbs 27:17)
7. Mentors Continuously (Colossians 3:16)
8. Worships wholeheartedly (John 4:24)
9. Reaches outwardly (Luke 10:2)
10. Serves purposefully (1 Peter 4:10)
First Baptist Church Baytown is seeking a passionate leader with the desire to energize and lead young adults, 19 to 35, by developing a comprehensive ministry emphasizing evangelism, outreach, worship, and discipleship that is modeled after the teachings
of Jesus Christ.
• Advising and assisting the Senior Pastor in general church ministry operations while also teaming with and encouraging fellow staff at FBC to help ensure success in their respective ministries.
• Developing a God-given growth vision that will engage the Young Adult Ministries of FBC, Baytown, which proactively emphasizes evangelism, outreach, worship and discipleship.
• Committed to providing biblical counseling and support to the FBC Young Adults.
• Embracing the concept of each worship service by proactively seeking to strengthen the worship experience through the use of appropriate and relevant emerging technologies including preaching when called upon.
• Facilitating the staff and various leadership teams at FBC in the disciplined planning and execution of the FBC Budget.
• Coordinating and overseeing the use, schedule and maintenance of the FBC facilities.
• Education - Bachelors Degree (Seminary is a plus)
• Experience- Ministry experience relevant to target age group
• Must affirm the Baptist Faith and Message (Statement of Faith should be provided)
• Clear/Satisfactory Background Check
Interested and qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume (word/pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org.