Pequea Brethren in Christ Church is seeking an Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for the systems, procedures, and management of the church. This includes, but is not limited to, supervisory responsibility of the staff and oversight
of the day-to-day operations of the church. This position is 25 hours per week and does not include benefits. All applications must be received by October 1, 2014.
The Executive Director is responsible for the systems, procedures, and management of the church. This includes supervisory responsibility of the staff and oversight of the day-to-day operations.
- Is a committed Christian with a clear calling for ministry.
- Possesses communication and leadership skills.
- Shows a commitment to build ministry around the purpose, priorities, and goals of Pequea Church.
- Possesses well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Is a life-long learner.
RELATIONSHIPS AND TERM OF OFFICE
- Will be accountable to the Lead Pastor and the Church Board.
It is essential that the Lead Pastor and Executive Director have a trust-based relationship, speaking with “one voice” on key issues.
- Will become a member of Pequea Church.
- Will be appointed for a mutually-agreed-upon term between Church Board, Lead Pastor, and Executive Director.
- Shall periodically be evaluated under the direction of the Lead Pastor and the Church Board.
- Will work 25 hours per week on the duties of the Executive Director position.
- Will receive a Ministry Agreement outlining such items as salary, vacation time, mileage and training reimbursements, and will be reviewed annually by the Personnel Team.
A. Staff Leadership
- Meets weekly with the Lead Pastor to clarify vision, goals, and strategy.
- Facilitates the development of program by working with staff members.
- Builds solid staff relations by developing and encouraging teamwork, personnel policies, job descriptions, and performance reviews.
- Communicates regularly with each staff member to accomplish agreed-upon goals and to resolve conflict.
- Oversees the recruiting, selection, training, development, evaluation, and termination of staff with consultation and direction from the Lead Pastor and the Personnel Team.
- Oversees all staff-related documentation, including yearly ministry agreements, evaluations, updated job descriptions, and policy signatures.
- Works with the Lead Pastor to conduct staff meetings.
- Works with the Lead Pastor in developing and encouraging team enrichment through periodic team-building activities, continuing education opportunities and Atlantic Conference events.
- Troubleshoots day-to-day issues that arise regarding personnel, and property and facility.
B. Church Governance, Policies, and Financial Management
- Participates in the selection and training of Church Board members and Finance Ministry Team members.
- Serves as the chair of the Church Board and works with the Lead Pastor to develop monthly Church Board agendas.
- Provides leadership to the Personnel Team.
- Plans for and presides over Congregational Council meetings in conjunction with the Lead Pastor and prepares agendas for all Congregational Council meetings.
- Oversees the completion of end-of-year reports.
- Ensures that all aspects of the church are aligned with the vision.
- Works under the direction of the Lead Pastor, taking primary responsibility for the preparation and policy management of the yearly budget in consultation with the Finance Ministry Team and the Church Board.
- Oversees the church insurance policies.
- Represents the Staff at the monthly Finance Ministry Team meetings.
C. Other Duties
- Submits monthly reports to the Church Board.
- Attends Brethren in Christ Regional and General Conferences.
Thank you for your interest. As God leads, please send resumes or inquiries to Sharon Lambertson at email@example.com or 717-872-5679, ext. 246.